Re: [S-R] Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

  • Bratgirl54@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      Bill, I nominate you since you have been so active on this
      site...........please keep me on,,,been having a bout with illness but check in and read my
      emails..........so please keep me on...........Thanks.

    • Ann Fisher
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
        I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

        Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

        > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
        > READ
        >
        > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
        > owner/moderator of this group, but
        > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
        >
        > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
        > we need to have
        > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
        > HELP: Please nominate a
        > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
        > message). It must be a
        > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
        > nominees, although
        > more is OK too.
        >
        > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
        > "poll" function, where
        > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
        > poll open for two
        > weeks.
        >
        > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
        >
        > After the election, we will forward the results to
        > YahooGroups
        > administration and they will affect the change.
        >
        > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
        > this through with Yahoo
        > Groups.
        >
        > --
        > Bill Tarkulich
        > http://www.iabsi.com
        >
        > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
        > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
        > decline the position.
        >
        > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
        Dolores Glade

        Need a vacation? Get great deals
        to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
        http://travel.yahoo.com/

      • Edie
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
          I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
          Edith "Edie" Sando

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            Ditto, Vote for Bill. Deb

            Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
            To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
            old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
            nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
            "list".

            Thanks,
            Bill

            Deb West

          • Rick
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
              I nominate Bill Tarkulich

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
              wrote:

              > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
              >
              > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
              > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
              > > READ
              > >
              > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
              > > owner/moderator of this group, but
              > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
              > >
              > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
              > > we need to have
              > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
              > > HELP: Please nominate a
              > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
              > > message). It must be a
              > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
              > > nominees, although
              > > more is OK too.
              > >
              > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
              > > "poll" function, where
              > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
              > > poll open for two
              > > weeks.
              > >
              > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
              > >
              > > After the election, we will forward the results to
              > > YahooGroups
              > > administration and they will affect the change.
              > >
              > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
              > > this through with Yahoo
              > > Groups.
              > >
              > > --
              > > Bill Tarkulich
              > > http://www.iabsi.com
              > >
              > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
              > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
              > > decline the position.
              > >
              > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
              > Dolores Glade

              > Need a vacation? Get great deals
              > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
              > http://travel.yahoo.com/

            • jcotteret
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                >
                > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                group, but
                > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                >
                > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                nominate a
                > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                although
                > more is OK too.
                >
                > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                where
                > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                two
                > weeks.
                >
                > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                >
                > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                > administration and they will affect the change.
                >
                > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                Yahoo
                > Groups.
                >
                > --
                > Bill Tarkulich
                > http://www.iabsi.com
                >
                > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                position.

                Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                Jacques Cotteret
              • Sinbad Schwartz
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                  > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                  > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                  > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                  > Jacques Cotteret

                  Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                  John M.
                • Terry L. Karkos
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                    I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                    Terry Karkos
                    Maine

                  • travel2001@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                      I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                      Thanks,

                      George Iski

                      GoSlovakia@...

                      > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                      >
                      > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                      group, but
                      > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                      >
                      > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                      > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                      nominate a
                      > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                      > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                      although
                      > more is OK too.
                      >
                      > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                      where
                      > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                      two
                      > weeks.
                      >
                      > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                      >
                      > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                      > administration and they will affect the change.
                      >
                      > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                      Yahoo
                      > Groups.
                      >
                      > --
                      > Bill Tarkulich
                      > http://www.iabsi.com
                      >
                      > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                      > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                      position.

                    • J.
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                        Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                        However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                        Good Luck to all of them!!!
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                          All the message history is archived here
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                          Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                          organized.

                          --
                          Bill Tarkulich
                          http://www.iabsi.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                            Hi everybody!
                            I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                            Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                            G-day to all

                            Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                            > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                            > > READ
                            > >
                            > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                            > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                            > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                            > >
                            > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                            > > we need to have
                            > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                            > > HELP: Please nominate a
                            > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                            > > message). It must be a
                            > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                            > > nominees, although
                            > > more is OK too.
                            > >
                            > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                            > > "poll" function, where
                            > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                            > > poll open for two
                            > > weeks.
                            > >
                            > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                            > >
                            > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                            > > YahooGroups
                            > > administration and they will affect the change.
                            > >
                            > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                            > > this through with Yahoo
                            > > Groups.
                            > >
                            > > --
                            > > Bill Tarkulich
                            > > http://www.iabsi.com
                            > >
                            > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                            > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                            > > decline the position.
                            > >
                            > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                            > Dolores Glade

                            > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                            > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                            > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                          • K Higgison
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                              I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                              Thanks...
                              Kathi

                              > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                              > READ
                              >
                              > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                              > owner/moderator of this group, but
                              > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                              >
                              > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                              > we need to have
                              > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                              > HELP: Please nominate a
                              > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                              > message). It must be a
                              > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                              > nominees, although
                              > more is OK too.
                              >
                              > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                              > "poll" function, where
                              > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                              > poll open for two
                              > weeks.
                              >
                              > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                              >
                              > After the election, we will forward the results to
                              > YahooGroups
                              > administration and they will affect the change.
                              >
                              > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                              > this through with Yahoo
                              > Groups.
                              >
                              > --
                              > Bill Tarkulich
                              > http://www.iabsi.com
                              >
                              > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                              > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                              > decline the position.
                              >
                              > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                              Dolores Glade