Re: [S-R] Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

  • Dolores Glade
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007

      > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
      > READ
      >
      > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
      > owner/moderator of this group, but
      > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
      >
      > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
      > we need to have
      > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
      > HELP: Please nominate a
      > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
      > message). It must be a
      > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
      > nominees, although
      > more is OK too.
      >
      > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
      > "poll" function, where
      > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
      > poll open for two
      > weeks.
      >
      > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
      >
      > After the election, we will forward the results to
      > YahooGroups
      > administration and they will affect the change.
      >
      > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
      > this through with Yahoo
      > Groups.
      >
      > --
      > Bill Tarkulich
      > http://www.iabsi.com
      >
      > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
      > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
      > decline the position.
      >
      > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
      Dolores Glade

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
    • Bratgirl54@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
        Bill, I nominate you since you have been so active on this
        site...........please keep me on,,,been having a bout with illness but check in and read my
        emails..........so please keep me on...........Thanks.

      • Ann Fisher
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
          I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

          Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
          > READ
          >
          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
          > owner/moderator of this group, but
          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
          >
          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
          > we need to have
          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
          > HELP: Please nominate a
          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
          > message). It must be a
          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
          > nominees, although
          > more is OK too.
          >
          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
          > "poll" function, where
          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
          > poll open for two
          > weeks.
          >
          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
          >
          > After the election, we will forward the results to
          > YahooGroups
          > administration and they will affect the change.
          >
          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
          > this through with Yahoo
          > Groups.
          >
          > --
          > Bill Tarkulich
          > http://www.iabsi.com
          >
          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
          > decline the position.
          >
          > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
          Dolores Glade

          Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/

        • Edie
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
            Edith "Edie" Sando

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
              Ditto, Vote for Bill. Deb

              Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
              To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
              old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
              nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
              "list".

              Thanks,
              Bill

              Deb West

            • Rick
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                I nominate Bill Tarkulich

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
                wrote:

                > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
                >
                > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
                > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                > > READ
                > >
                > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                > >
                > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                > > we need to have
                > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                > > HELP: Please nominate a
                > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                > > message). It must be a
                > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                > > nominees, although
                > > more is OK too.
                > >
                > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                > > "poll" function, where
                > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                > > poll open for two
                > > weeks.
                > >
                > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                > >
                > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                > > YahooGroups
                > > administration and they will affect the change.
                > >
                > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                > > this through with Yahoo
                > > Groups.
                > >
                > > --
                > > Bill Tarkulich
                > > http://www.iabsi.com
                > >
                > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                > > decline the position.
                > >
                > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                > Dolores Glade

                > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                > http://travel.yahoo.com/

              • jcotteret
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                  <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                  > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                  >
                  > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                  group, but
                  > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                  >
                  > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                  > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                  nominate a
                  > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                  > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                  although
                  > more is OK too.
                  >
                  > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                  where
                  > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                  two
                  > weeks.
                  >
                  > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                  >
                  > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                  > administration and they will affect the change.
                  >
                  > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                  Yahoo
                  > Groups.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Bill Tarkulich
                  > http://www.iabsi.com
                  >
                  > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                  > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                  position.

                  Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                  nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                  Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                  Jacques Cotteret
                • Sinbad Schwartz
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                    > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                    > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                    > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                    > Jacques Cotteret

                    Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                    John M.
                  • Terry L. Karkos
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                      I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                      Terry Karkos
                      Maine

                    • travel2001@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                        I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                        Thanks,

                        George Iski

                        GoSlovakia@...

                        > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                        >
                        > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                        group, but
                        > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                        >
                        > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                        > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                        nominate a
                        > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                        > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                        although
                        > more is OK too.
                        >
                        > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                        where
                        > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                        two
                        > weeks.
                        >
                        > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                        >
                        > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                        > administration and they will affect the change.
                        >
                        > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                        Yahoo
                        > Groups.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Bill Tarkulich
                        > http://www.iabsi.com
                        >
                        > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                        > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                        position.

                      • J.
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                          Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                          However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                          Good Luck to all of them!!!
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                            All the message history is archived here
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                            Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                            organized.

                            --
                            Bill Tarkulich
                            http://www.iabsi.com
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                              Hi everybody!
                              I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                              Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                              G-day to all

                              Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                              > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                              > > READ
                              > >
                              > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                              > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                              > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                              > >
                              > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                              > > we need to have
                              > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                              > > HELP: Please nominate a
                              > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                              > > message). It must be a
                              > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                              > > nominees, although
                              > > more is OK too.
                              > >
                              > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                              > > "poll" function, where
                              > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                              > > poll open for two
                              > > weeks.
                              > >
                              > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                              > >
                              > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                              > > YahooGroups
                              > > administration and they will affect the change.
                              > >
                              > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                              > > this through with Yahoo
                              > > Groups.
                              > >
                              > > --
                              > > Bill Tarkulich
                              > > http://www.iabsi.com
                              > >
                              > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                              > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                              > > decline the position.
                              > >
                              > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                              > Dolores Glade

                              > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                              > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                              > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                            • K Higgison
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                                Thanks...
                                Kathi

                                > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                > READ
                                >
                                > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                >
                                > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                > we need to have
                                > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                > HELP: Please nominate a
                                > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                > message). It must be a
                                > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                > nominees, although
                                > more is OK too.
                                >
                                > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                > "poll" function, where
                                > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                > poll open for two
                                > weeks.
                                >
                                > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                >
                                > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                > YahooGroups
                                > administration and they will affect the change.
                                >
                                > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                > this through with Yahoo
                                > Groups.
                                >
                                > --
                                > Bill Tarkulich
                                > http://www.iabsi.com
                                >
                                > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                > decline the position.
                                >
                                > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                Dolores Glade