Re: [S-R] Nominations

  • Alyssa
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
      Although I have observed Slovak Roots for quite some time, I have not
      been very active. However, I am very pleased and happy that Bill
      Tarkulich has agreed to take over as moderator, if elected. Bill was
      of enormous help to me several years ago in my search for family in
      Slovakia. He gets my vote! Please keep us up to date on how the real
      election is to be held.
      Alyssa
      --
      - In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich"
      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the same
      > things.
      > Bill
      >
      > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
      > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also include
      > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
      > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
      > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that our
      > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
      work.

      > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
      > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
      > > election.
      > >
      > > Ron

      email to
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Bill Tarkulich
      > http://www.iabsi.com

    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
        I nominate Ray Slack. And, I appreciate your efforts to find Maura. I'm trying to remember the last time I spoke with her. We were tracing relatives in Bridgeport who had known each other.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
          <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

          > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I
          don't
          think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
          same things.
          Bill<

          I wouldn't anticipate that this would happen but I believe an owner
          can remove moderators and possibly delete the list and archives if
          he/she chose to do so. Does anyone know whether this is correct?

          After a quick check I found this item regarding my question

          "Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information

          If you are a Group owner, you can edit or delete any posting or
          member in your Group. You can also completely delete your Group at
          any time. Group owners can also grant moderators the ability to edit
          or delete postings and members from the Group."

          Does this mean that without the owner's permission the moderators
          cannot edit or delete postings and members?

          John

          John
        • maureen pulignano
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
            <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

            > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
            > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
            same
            > things.
            > Bill
            >
            > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
            > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also
            include
            > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
            > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
            > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that
            our
            > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
            work.

            > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
            > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
            > > election.
            > >
            > > Ron
            > >

            > > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
            > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > Bill Tarkulich
            > http://www.iabsi.com

            Given Yahoo's reluctance to step in, this may well be our only
            opportunity to have them change group ownership. When/if Maura returns
            she can read the entire thread of this discussion and she will know this
            was not a peasant uprising. At that point a decision can be made about
            future ownership. At no time should the group be without available
            moderators with full authority.

            Just my 2 cents worth, having been thru this issue in other groups.

            Maureen Pulignano

            www.deefalt.com <http://www.deefalt.com>

          • david1law@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
              Hi Janet:

              I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon. = )

              Best regards,

              David