Re: [S-R] Nominations

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
      Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
      think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the same
      things.
      Bill

      --
      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
        Although I have observed Slovak Roots for quite some time, I have not
        been very active. However, I am very pleased and happy that Bill
        Tarkulich has agreed to take over as moderator, if elected. Bill was
        of enormous help to me several years ago in my search for family in
        Slovakia. He gets my vote! Please keep us up to date on how the real
        election is to be held.
        Alyssa
        --
        - In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich"
        <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

        > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the same
        > things.
        > Bill
        >
        > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
        > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also include
        > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
        > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
        > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that our
        > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
        work.

        > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
        > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
        > > election.
        > >
        > > Ron

        email to
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Bill Tarkulich
        > http://www.iabsi.com

      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
          I nominate Ray Slack. And, I appreciate your efforts to find Maura. I'm trying to remember the last time I spoke with her. We were tracing relatives in Bridgeport who had known each other.

          Since we still need more nominations, I nominate Andrea Vangor.

          Ray

        • Sinbad Schwartz
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
            <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

            > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I
            don't
            think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
            same things.
            Bill<

            I wouldn't anticipate that this would happen but I believe an owner
            can remove moderators and possibly delete the list and archives if
            he/she chose to do so. Does anyone know whether this is correct?

            After a quick check I found this item regarding my question

            "Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information

            If you are a Group owner, you can edit or delete any posting or
            member in your Group. You can also completely delete your Group at
            any time. Group owners can also grant moderators the ability to edit
            or delete postings and members from the Group."

            Does this mean that without the owner's permission the moderators
            cannot edit or delete postings and members?

            John

            John
          • maureen pulignano
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
              <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

              > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
              > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
              same
              > things.
              > Bill
              >
              > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
              > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also
              include
              > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
              > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
              > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that
              our
              > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
              work.

              > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
              > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
              > > election.
              > >
              > > Ron
              > >

              > > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
              > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > Bill Tarkulich
              > http://www.iabsi.com

              Given Yahoo's reluctance to step in, this may well be our only
              opportunity to have them change group ownership. When/if Maura returns
              she can read the entire thread of this discussion and she will know this
              was not a peasant uprising. At that point a decision can be made about
              future ownership. At no time should the group be without available
              moderators with full authority.

              Just my 2 cents worth, having been thru this issue in other groups.

              Maureen Pulignano

              www.deefalt.com <http://www.deefalt.com>

            • david1law@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                Hi Janet:

                I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon. = )

                Best regards,

                David