Re: [S-R] Nominations

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
      I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also include
      Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
      appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
      will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that our
      action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her work.

      If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
      have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
      election.

      Ron
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
        Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
        think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the same
        things.
        Bill

        --
        Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
          Although I have observed Slovak Roots for quite some time, I have not
          been very active. However, I am very pleased and happy that Bill
          Tarkulich has agreed to take over as moderator, if elected. Bill was
          of enormous help to me several years ago in my search for family in
          Slovakia. He gets my vote! Please keep us up to date on how the real
          election is to be held.
          Alyssa
          --
          - In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich"
          <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

          > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the same
          > things.
          > Bill
          >
          > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
          > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also include
          > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
          > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
          > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that our
          > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
          work.

          > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
          > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
          > > election.
          > >
          > > Ron

          email to
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Bill Tarkulich
          > http://www.iabsi.com

        • Andrea Vangor
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
            I nominate Ray Slack. And, I appreciate your efforts to find Maura. I'm trying to remember the last time I spoke with her. We were tracing relatives in Bridgeport who had known each other.

            Since we still need more nominations, I nominate Andrea Vangor.

            Ray

          • Sinbad Schwartz
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
              <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

              > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I
              don't
              think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
              same things.
              Bill<

              I wouldn't anticipate that this would happen but I believe an owner
              can remove moderators and possibly delete the list and archives if
              he/she chose to do so. Does anyone know whether this is correct?

              After a quick check I found this item regarding my question

              "Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information

              If you are a Group owner, you can edit or delete any posting or
              member in your Group. You can also completely delete your Group at
              any time. Group owners can also grant moderators the ability to edit
              or delete postings and members from the Group."

              Does this mean that without the owner's permission the moderators
              cannot edit or delete postings and members?

              John

              John
            • maureen pulignano
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
                <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
                > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
                same
                > things.
                > Bill
                >
                > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
                > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also
                include
                > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
                > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
                > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that
                our
                > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
                work.

                > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
                > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
                > > election.
                > >
                > > Ron
                > >

                > > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
                > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >

                > --
                > Bill Tarkulich
                > http://www.iabsi.com

                Given Yahoo's reluctance to step in, this may well be our only
                opportunity to have them change group ownership. When/if Maura returns
                she can read the entire thread of this discussion and she will know this
                was not a peasant uprising. At that point a decision can be made about
                future ownership. At no time should the group be without available
                moderators with full authority.

                Just my 2 cents worth, having been thru this issue in other groups.

                Maureen Pulignano

                www.deefalt.com <http://www.deefalt.com>

              • david1law@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                  Hi Janet:

                  I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon. = )

                  Best regards,

                  David