Re: [S-R] And I also nominate Bill Tarkulich

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31 2:58 PM
      Put me on the list. I would be happy to work as backup moderator.

      Ron
      Ron Matviyak

      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
      > To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
      > old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
      > nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
      > "list".
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bill

    • Dolores Glade
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31 5:14 PM

        > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
        > READ
        >
        > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
        > owner/moderator of this group, but
        > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
        >
        > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
        > we need to have
        > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
        > HELP: Please nominate a
        > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
        > message). It must be a
        > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
        > nominees, although
        > more is OK too.
        >
        > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
        > "poll" function, where
        > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
        > poll open for two
        > weeks.
        >
        > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
        >
        > After the election, we will forward the results to
        > YahooGroups
        > administration and they will affect the change.
        >
        > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
        > this through with Yahoo
        > Groups.
        >
        > --
        > Bill Tarkulich
        > http://www.iabsi.com
        >
        > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
        > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
        > decline the position.
        >
        > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
        Dolores Glade

        Need a vacation? Get great deals
        to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
        http://travel.yahoo.com/
      • Bratgirl54@aol.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31 6:05 PM
          Bill, I nominate you since you have been so active on this
          site...........please keep me on,,,been having a bout with illness but check in and read my
          emails..........so please keep me on...........Thanks.

        • Ann Fisher
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31 6:56 PM
            I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

            Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
            > READ
            >
            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
            > owner/moderator of this group, but
            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
            >
            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
            > we need to have
            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
            > HELP: Please nominate a
            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
            > message). It must be a
            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
            > nominees, although
            > more is OK too.
            >
            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
            > "poll" function, where
            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
            > poll open for two
            > weeks.
            >
            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
            >
            > After the election, we will forward the results to
            > YahooGroups
            > administration and they will affect the change.
            >
            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
            > this through with Yahoo
            > Groups.
            >
            > --
            > Bill Tarkulich
            > http://www.iabsi.com
            >
            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
            > decline the position.
            >
            > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
            Dolores Glade

            Need a vacation? Get great deals
            to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
            http://travel.yahoo.com/

          • Edie
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 31 9:01 PM
              I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
              Edith "Edie" Sando

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 31 10:28 PM
                  I nominate Bill Tarkulich

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
                  >
                  > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
                  > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                  > > READ
                  > >
                  > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                  > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                  > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                  > >
                  > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                  > > we need to have
                  > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                  > > HELP: Please nominate a
                  > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                  > > message). It must be a
                  > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                  > > nominees, although
                  > > more is OK too.
                  > >
                  > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                  > > "poll" function, where
                  > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                  > > poll open for two
                  > > weeks.
                  > >
                  > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                  > >
                  > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                  > > YahooGroups
                  > > administration and they will affect the change.
                  > >
                  > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                  > > this through with Yahoo
                  > > Groups.
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > Bill Tarkulich
                  > > http://www.iabsi.com
                  > >
                  > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                  > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                  > > decline the position.
                  > >
                  > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                  > Dolores Glade

                  > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                  > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                  > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                • jcotteret
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 31 11:57 PM
                    <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                    > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                    >
                    > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                    group, but
                    > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                    >
                    > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                    > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                    nominate a
                    > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                    > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                    although
                    > more is OK too.
                    >
                    > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                    where
                    > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                    two
                    > weeks.
                    >
                    > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                    >
                    > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                    > administration and they will affect the change.
                    >
                    > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                    Yahoo
                    > Groups.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Bill Tarkulich
                    > http://www.iabsi.com
                    >
                    > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                    > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                    position.

                    Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                    nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                    Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                    Jacques Cotteret
                  • Sinbad Schwartz
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                      > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                      > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                      > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                      > Jacques Cotteret

                      Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                      John M.
                    • Terry L. Karkos
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                        I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                        Terry Karkos
                        Maine

                      • travel2001@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                          I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                          Thanks,

                          George Iski

                          GoSlovakia@...

                          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                          >
                          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                          group, but
                          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                          >
                          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                          nominate a
                          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                          although
                          > more is OK too.
                          >
                          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                          where
                          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                          two
                          > weeks.
                          >
                          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                          >
                          > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                          > administration and they will affect the change.
                          >
                          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                          Yahoo
                          > Groups.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Bill Tarkulich
                          > http://www.iabsi.com
                          >
                          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                          position.

                        • J.
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                            Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                            However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                            Good Luck to all of them!!!
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                              All the message history is archived here
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                              Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                              organized.

                              --
                              Bill Tarkulich
                              http://www.iabsi.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                Hi everybody!
                                I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                                Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                                G-day to all

                                Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                                > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                > > READ
                                > >
                                > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                > >
                                > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                > > we need to have
                                > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                > > message). It must be a
                                > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                > > nominees, although
                                > > more is OK too.
                                > >
                                > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                > > "poll" function, where
                                > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                > > poll open for two
                                > > weeks.
                                > >
                                > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                > >
                                > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                > > YahooGroups
                                > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                > >
                                > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                > > this through with Yahoo
                                > > Groups.
                                > >
                                > > --
                                > > Bill Tarkulich
                                > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                > >
                                > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                > > decline the position.
                                > >
                                > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                > Dolores Glade

                                > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                              • K Higgison
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                  I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                                  Thanks...
                                  Kathi

                                  > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                  > READ
                                  >
                                  > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                  > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                  > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                  >
                                  > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                  > we need to have
                                  > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                  > HELP: Please nominate a
                                  > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                  > message). It must be a
                                  > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                  > nominees, although
                                  > more is OK too.
                                  >
                                  > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                  > "poll" function, where
                                  > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                  > poll open for two
                                  > weeks.
                                  >
                                  > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                  >
                                  > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                  > YahooGroups
                                  > administration and they will affect the change.
                                  >
                                  > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                  > this through with Yahoo
                                  > Groups.
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Bill Tarkulich
                                  > http://www.iabsi.com
                                  >
                                  > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                  > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                  > decline the position.
                                  >
                                  > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                  Dolores Glade