Re: [S-R] Nominations

  • tarzantu2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
      Since we still need more nominations, I nominate Andrea Vangor.

      Ray

    • amiak27
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
        I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also include
        Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
        appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
        will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that our
        action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her work.

        If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
        have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
        election.

        Ron
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
          Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
          think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the same
          things.
          Bill

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
            Although I have observed Slovak Roots for quite some time, I have not
            been very active. However, I am very pleased and happy that Bill
            Tarkulich has agreed to take over as moderator, if elected. Bill was
            of enormous help to me several years ago in my search for family in
            Slovakia. He gets my vote! Please keep us up to date on how the real
            election is to be held.
            Alyssa
            --
            - In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich"
            <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

            > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the same
            > things.
            > Bill
            >
            > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
            > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also include
            > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
            > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
            > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that our
            > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
            work.

            > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
            > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
            > > election.
            > >
            > > Ron

            email to
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > Bill Tarkulich
            > http://www.iabsi.com

          • Andrea Vangor
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
              I nominate Ray Slack. And, I appreciate your efforts to find Maura. I'm trying to remember the last time I spoke with her. We were tracing relatives in Bridgeport who had known each other.

              Since we still need more nominations, I nominate Andrea Vangor.

              Ray

            • Sinbad Schwartz
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
                <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I
                don't
                think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
                same things.
                Bill<

                I wouldn't anticipate that this would happen but I believe an owner
                can remove moderators and possibly delete the list and archives if
                he/she chose to do so. Does anyone know whether this is correct?

                After a quick check I found this item regarding my question

                "Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information

                If you are a Group owner, you can edit or delete any posting or
                member in your Group. You can also completely delete your Group at
                any time. Group owners can also grant moderators the ability to edit
                or delete postings and members from the Group."

                Does this mean that without the owner's permission the moderators
                cannot edit or delete postings and members?

                John

                John
              • maureen pulignano
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
                  <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                  > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
                  > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
                  same
                  > things.
                  > Bill
                  >
                  > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
                  > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also
                  include
                  > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
                  > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
                  > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that
                  our
                  > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
                  work.

                  > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
                  > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
                  > > election.
                  > >
                  > > Ron
                  > >

                  > > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
                  > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email
                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Bill Tarkulich
                  > http://www.iabsi.com

                  Given Yahoo's reluctance to step in, this may well be our only
                  opportunity to have them change group ownership. When/if Maura returns
                  she can read the entire thread of this discussion and she will know this
                  was not a peasant uprising. At that point a decision can be made about
                  future ownership. At no time should the group be without available
                  moderators with full authority.

                  Just my 2 cents worth, having been thru this issue in other groups.

                  Maureen Pulignano

                  www.deefalt.com <http://www.deefalt.com>

                • david1law@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                    Hi Janet:

                    I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon. = )

                    Best regards,

                    David