Re: [S-R] Nominations for a New Moderator

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      Dear fellow researchers,

      I nominate Bill. There would be few more qualified people.

      Thomas

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
          I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
          To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
          old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
          nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
          "list".

          Thanks,
          Bill
        • Frank R. Plichta
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            LOL: Looks like Bill got his 3-5 nominations. LOL

            Frank

            _____

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
              Put me on the list. I would be happy to work as backup moderator.

              Ron
              Ron Matviyak

              <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

              > I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
              > To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
              > old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
              > nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
              > "list".
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Bill

            • Dolores Glade
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007

                > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                > READ
                >
                > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                > owner/moderator of this group, but
                > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                >
                > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                > we need to have
                > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                > HELP: Please nominate a
                > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                > message). It must be a
                > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                > nominees, although
                > more is OK too.
                >
                > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                > "poll" function, where
                > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                > poll open for two
                > weeks.
                >
                > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                >
                > After the election, we will forward the results to
                > YahooGroups
                > administration and they will affect the change.
                >
                > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                > this through with Yahoo
                > Groups.
                >
                > --
                > Bill Tarkulich
                > http://www.iabsi.com
                >
                > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                > decline the position.
                >
                > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                Dolores Glade

                Need a vacation? Get great deals
                to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                http://travel.yahoo.com/
              • Bratgirl54@aol.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                  Bill, I nominate you since you have been so active on this
                  site...........please keep me on,,,been having a bout with illness but check in and read my
                  emails..........so please keep me on...........Thanks.

                • Ann Fisher
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                    I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                    Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

                    > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                    > READ
                    >
                    > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                    > owner/moderator of this group, but
                    > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                    >
                    > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                    > we need to have
                    > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                    > HELP: Please nominate a
                    > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                    > message). It must be a
                    > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                    > nominees, although
                    > more is OK too.
                    >
                    > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                    > "poll" function, where
                    > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                    > poll open for two
                    > weeks.
                    >
                    > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                    >
                    > After the election, we will forward the results to
                    > YahooGroups
                    > administration and they will affect the change.
                    >
                    > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                    > this through with Yahoo
                    > Groups.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Bill Tarkulich
                    > http://www.iabsi.com
                    >
                    > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                    > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                    > decline the position.
                    >
                    > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                    Dolores Glade

                    Need a vacation? Get great deals
                    to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                    http://travel.yahoo.com/

                  • Edie
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                      I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
                      Edith "Edie" Sando

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                          I nominate Bill Tarkulich

                          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
                          >
                          > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
                          > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                          > > READ
                          > >
                          > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                          > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                          > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                          > >
                          > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                          > > we need to have
                          > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                          > > HELP: Please nominate a
                          > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                          > > message). It must be a
                          > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                          > > nominees, although
                          > > more is OK too.
                          > >
                          > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                          > > "poll" function, where
                          > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                          > > poll open for two
                          > > weeks.
                          > >
                          > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                          > >
                          > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                          > > YahooGroups
                          > > administration and they will affect the change.
                          > >
                          > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                          > > this through with Yahoo
                          > > Groups.
                          > >
                          > > --
                          > > Bill Tarkulich
                          > > http://www.iabsi.com
                          > >
                          > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                          > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                          > > decline the position.
                          > >
                          > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                          > Dolores Glade

                          > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                          > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                          > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                        • jcotteret
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                            <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                            >
                            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                            group, but
                            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                            >
                            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                            nominate a
                            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                            although
                            > more is OK too.
                            >
                            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                            where
                            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                            two
                            > weeks.
                            >
                            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                            >
                            > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                            > administration and they will affect the change.
                            >
                            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                            Yahoo
                            > Groups.
                            >
                            > --
                            > Bill Tarkulich
                            > http://www.iabsi.com
                            >
                            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                            position.

                            Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                            nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                            Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                            Jacques Cotteret
                          • Sinbad Schwartz
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                              > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                              > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                              > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                              > Jacques Cotteret

                              Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                              John M.
                            • Terry L. Karkos
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                                Terry Karkos
                                Maine

                              • travel2001@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                  I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                                  Thanks,

                                  George Iski

                                  GoSlovakia@...

                                  > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                                  >
                                  > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                                  group, but
                                  > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                  >
                                  > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                                  > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                                  nominate a
                                  > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                                  > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                                  although
                                  > more is OK too.
                                  >
                                  > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                                  where
                                  > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                                  two
                                  > weeks.
                                  >
                                  > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                  >
                                  > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                                  > administration and they will affect the change.
                                  >
                                  > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                                  Yahoo
                                  > Groups.
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Bill Tarkulich
                                  > http://www.iabsi.com
                                  >
                                  > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                  > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                                  position.

                                • J.
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                    Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                                    However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                                    Good Luck to all of them!!!
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                      All the message history is archived here
                                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                                      Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                                      organized.

                                      --
                                      Bill Tarkulich
                                      http://www.iabsi.com
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                        Hi everybody!
                                        I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                                        Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                                        G-day to all

                                        Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                                        > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                        > > READ
                                        > >
                                        > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                        > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                        > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                        > >
                                        > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                        > > we need to have
                                        > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                        > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                        > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                        > > message). It must be a
                                        > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                        > > nominees, although
                                        > > more is OK too.
                                        > >
                                        > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                        > > "poll" function, where
                                        > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                        > > poll open for two
                                        > > weeks.
                                        > >
                                        > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                        > >
                                        > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                        > > YahooGroups
                                        > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                        > >
                                        > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                        > > this through with Yahoo
                                        > > Groups.
                                        > >
                                        > > --
                                        > > Bill Tarkulich
                                        > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                        > >
                                        > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                        > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                        > > decline the position.
                                        > >
                                        > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                        > Dolores Glade

                                        > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                        > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                        > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                                      • K Higgison
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                          I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                                          Thanks...
                                          Kathi

                                          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                          > READ
                                          >
                                          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                          > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                          >
                                          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                          > we need to have
                                          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                          > HELP: Please nominate a
                                          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                          > message). It must be a
                                          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                          > nominees, although
                                          > more is OK too.
                                          >
                                          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                          > "poll" function, where
                                          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                          > poll open for two
                                          > weeks.
                                          >
                                          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                          >
                                          > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                          > YahooGroups
                                          > administration and they will affect the change.
                                          >
                                          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                          > this through with Yahoo
                                          > Groups.
                                          >
                                          > --
                                          > Bill Tarkulich
                                          > http://www.iabsi.com
                                          >
                                          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                          > decline the position.
                                          >
                                          > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                          Dolores Glade