Re: [S-R] Nominations for a New Moderator

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      Dear fellow researchers,

      I nominate Bill. There would be few more qualified people.

      Thomas

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
        I would like to nominate Bill Tarkulich.

        James McGrath

      • Willy Akers
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
          I NOMINATE BILL TARKULICH....

          Jody Gonda <jodygonda4@...> wrote: I nominate Bill Tarkulich! :o)

          Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com

          p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
          p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the position.

          Jody

          I'll be talkin' to ya !
          Willy Akers

          Account Representative & All around Good Guy
          Mid-Utah Radio / SanPete County Broadcasting
          Office- 435-896-4456
          Fax---- 435-896-9333
          Cell---- 435-979-9801
          willyakers@...

        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            I hereby nominate Bill Tarkulich.

            Caye

            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
            > READ
            >
            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
            > owner/moderator of this group, but
            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
            >
            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
            > we need to have
            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
            > HELP: Please nominate a
            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
            > message). It must be a
            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
            > nominees, although
            > more is OK too.
            >
            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
            > "poll" function, where
            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
            > poll open for two
            > weeks.
            >
            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
            >
            > After the election, we will forward the results to
            > YahooGroups
            > administration and they will affect the change.
            >
            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
            > this through with Yahoo
            > Groups.
            >
            > --
            > Bill Tarkulich
            > http://www.iabsi.com
            >
            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
            > decline the position.

            Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
          • Marilyn Sandorf

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
                To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
                old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
                nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
                "list".

                Thanks,
                Bill
              • Frank R. Plichta
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                  LOL: Looks like Bill got his 3-5 nominations. LOL

                  Frank

                  _____

                  I would like to nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                  James McGrath

                  I nominate Bill Tarkulich! :o)

                  Jody Gonda

                • amiak27
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                    Put me on the list. I would be happy to work as backup moderator.

                    Ron
                    Ron Matviyak

                    <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                    > I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
                    > To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
                    > old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
                    > nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
                    > "list".
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Bill

                  • Dolores Glade
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007

                      > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                      > READ
                      >
                      > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                      > owner/moderator of this group, but
                      > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                      >
                      > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                      > we need to have
                      > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                      > HELP: Please nominate a
                      > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                      > message). It must be a
                      > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                      > nominees, although
                      > more is OK too.
                      >
                      > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                      > "poll" function, where
                      > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                      > poll open for two
                      > weeks.
                      >
                      > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                      >
                      > After the election, we will forward the results to
                      > YahooGroups
                      > administration and they will affect the change.
                      >
                      > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                      > this through with Yahoo
                      > Groups.
                      >
                      > --
                      > Bill Tarkulich
                      > http://www.iabsi.com
                      >
                      > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                      > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                      > decline the position.
                      >
                      > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                      Dolores Glade

                      Need a vacation? Get great deals
                      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                      http://travel.yahoo.com/
                    • Bratgirl54@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                        Bill, I nominate you since you have been so active on this
                        site...........please keep me on,,,been having a bout with illness but check in and read my
                        emails..........so please keep me on...........Thanks.

                      • Ann Fisher
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                          I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                          Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

                          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                          > READ
                          >
                          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                          > owner/moderator of this group, but
                          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                          >
                          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                          > we need to have
                          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                          > HELP: Please nominate a
                          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                          > message). It must be a
                          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                          > nominees, although
                          > more is OK too.
                          >
                          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                          > "poll" function, where
                          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                          > poll open for two
                          > weeks.
                          >
                          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                          >
                          > After the election, we will forward the results to
                          > YahooGroups
                          > administration and they will affect the change.
                          >
                          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                          > this through with Yahoo
                          > Groups.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Bill Tarkulich
                          > http://www.iabsi.com
                          >
                          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                          > decline the position.
                          >
                          > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                          Dolores Glade

                          Need a vacation? Get great deals
                          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                          http://travel.yahoo.com/

                        • Edie
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                            I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
                            Edith "Edie" Sando

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                                I nominate Bill Tarkulich

                                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
                                wrote:

                                > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
                                >
                                > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
                                > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                > > READ
                                > >
                                > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                > >
                                > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                > > we need to have
                                > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                > > message). It must be a
                                > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                > > nominees, although
                                > > more is OK too.
                                > >
                                > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                > > "poll" function, where
                                > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                > > poll open for two
                                > > weeks.
                                > >
                                > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                > >
                                > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                > > YahooGroups
                                > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                > >
                                > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                > > this through with Yahoo
                                > > Groups.
                                > >
                                > > --
                                > > Bill Tarkulich
                                > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                > >
                                > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                > > decline the position.
                                > >
                                > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                > Dolores Glade

                                > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                              • jcotteret
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                                  <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                                  > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                                  >
                                  > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                                  group, but
                                  > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                  >
                                  > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                                  > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                                  nominate a
                                  > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                                  > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                                  although
                                  > more is OK too.
                                  >
                                  > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                                  where
                                  > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                                  two
                                  > weeks.
                                  >
                                  > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                  >
                                  > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                                  > administration and they will affect the change.
                                  >
                                  > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                                  Yahoo
                                  > Groups.
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Bill Tarkulich
                                  > http://www.iabsi.com
                                  >
                                  > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                  > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                                  position.

                                  Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                                  nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                                  Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                                  Jacques Cotteret
                                • Sinbad Schwartz
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                                    > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                                    > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                                    > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                                    > Jacques Cotteret

                                    Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                                    John M.
                                  • Terry L. Karkos
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                      I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                                      Terry Karkos
                                      Maine

                                    • travel2001@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                        I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                                        Thanks,

                                        George Iski

                                        GoSlovakia@...

                                        > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                                        >
                                        > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                                        group, but
                                        > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                        >
                                        > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                                        > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                                        nominate a
                                        > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                                        > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                                        although
                                        > more is OK too.
                                        >
                                        > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                                        where
                                        > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                                        two
                                        > weeks.
                                        >
                                        > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                        >
                                        > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                                        > administration and they will affect the change.
                                        >
                                        > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                                        Yahoo
                                        > Groups.
                                        >
                                        > --
                                        > Bill Tarkulich
                                        > http://www.iabsi.com
                                        >
                                        > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                        > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                                        position.

                                      • J.
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                          Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                                          However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                                          Good Luck to all of them!!!
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                            All the message history is archived here
                                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                                            Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                                            organized.

                                            --
                                            Bill Tarkulich
                                            http://www.iabsi.com
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                              Hi everybody!
                                              I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                                              Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                                              G-day to all

                                              Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                                              > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                              > > READ
                                              > >
                                              > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                              > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                              > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                              > >
                                              > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                              > > we need to have
                                              > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                              > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                              > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                              > > message). It must be a
                                              > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                              > > nominees, although
                                              > > more is OK too.
                                              > >
                                              > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                              > > "poll" function, where
                                              > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                              > > poll open for two
                                              > > weeks.
                                              > >
                                              > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                              > >
                                              > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                              > > YahooGroups
                                              > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                              > >
                                              > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                              > > this through with Yahoo
                                              > > Groups.
                                              > >
                                              > > --
                                              > > Bill Tarkulich
                                              > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                              > >
                                              > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                              > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                              > > decline the position.
                                              > >
                                              > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                              > Dolores Glade

                                              > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                              > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                              > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                                            • K Higgison
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                                I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                                                Thanks...
                                                Kathi

                                                > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                                > READ
                                                >
                                                > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                                > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                                > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                                >
                                                > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                                > we need to have
                                                > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                                > HELP: Please nominate a
                                                > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                                > message). It must be a
                                                > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                                > nominees, although
                                                > more is OK too.
                                                >
                                                > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                                > "poll" function, where
                                                > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                                > poll open for two
                                                > weeks.
                                                >
                                                > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                                >
                                                > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                                > YahooGroups
                                                > administration and they will affect the change.
                                                >
                                                > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                                > this through with Yahoo
                                                > Groups.
                                                >
                                                > --
                                                > Bill Tarkulich
                                                > http://www.iabsi.com
                                                >
                                                > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                                > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                                > decline the position.
                                                >
                                                > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                                Dolores Glade