Re: [S-R] Nominations for a New Moderator

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      Dear fellow researchers,

      I nominate Bill. There would be few more qualified people.

      Thomas

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
        I nominate Bill Tarkulich! :o)

        Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

        --
        Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com

        p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
        p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the position.

        Jody

      • James McGrath
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
          I would like to nominate Bill Tarkulich.

          James McGrath

        • Willy Akers
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            I NOMINATE BILL TARKULICH....

            Jody Gonda <jodygonda4@...> wrote: I nominate Bill Tarkulich! :o)

[...]

            I'll be talkin' to ya !
            Willy Akers

            Account Representative & All around Good Guy
            Mid-Utah Radio / SanPete County Broadcasting
            Office- 435-896-4456
            Fax---- 435-896-9333
            Cell---- 435-979-9801
            willyakers@...

          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
              I hereby nominate Bill Tarkulich.

              Caye

              > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
              > READ
              >
              > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
              > owner/moderator of this group, but
              > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
              >
              > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
              > we need to have
              > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
              > HELP: Please nominate a
              > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
              > message). It must be a
              > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
              > nominees, although
              > more is OK too.
              >
              > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
              > "poll" function, where
              > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
              > poll open for two
              > weeks.
              >
              > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
              >
              > After the election, we will forward the results to
              > YahooGroups
              > administration and they will affect the change.
              >
              > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
              > this through with Yahoo
              > Groups.
              >
              > --
              > Bill Tarkulich
              > http://www.iabsi.com
              >
              > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
              > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
              > decline the position.

              Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
            • Marilyn Sandorf

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                  I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
                  To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
                  old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
                  nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
                  "list".

                  Thanks,
                  Bill
                • Frank R. Plichta
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                    LOL: Looks like Bill got his 3-5 nominations. LOL

                    Frank

                    _____

                    I would like to nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                    James McGrath

                    I nominate Bill Tarkulich! :o)

                    Jody Gonda

                  • amiak27
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                      Put me on the list. I would be happy to work as backup moderator.

                      Ron
                      Ron Matviyak

                      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                      > I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
                      > To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
                      > old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
                      > nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
                      > "list".
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Bill

                    • Dolores Glade
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007

                        > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                        > READ
                        >
                        > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                        > owner/moderator of this group, but
                        > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                        >
                        > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                        > we need to have
                        > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                        > HELP: Please nominate a
                        > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                        > message). It must be a
                        > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                        > nominees, although
                        > more is OK too.
                        >
                        > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                        > "poll" function, where
                        > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                        > poll open for two
                        > weeks.
                        >
                        > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                        >
                        > After the election, we will forward the results to
                        > YahooGroups
                        > administration and they will affect the change.
                        >
                        > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                        > this through with Yahoo
                        > Groups.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Bill Tarkulich
                        > http://www.iabsi.com
                        >
                        > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                        > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                        > decline the position.
                        >
                        > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                        Dolores Glade

                        Need a vacation? Get great deals
                        to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                        http://travel.yahoo.com/
                      • Bratgirl54@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                          Bill, I nominate you since you have been so active on this
                          site...........please keep me on,,,been having a bout with illness but check in and read my
                          emails..........so please keep me on...........Thanks.

                        • Ann Fisher
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                            I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                            Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

                            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                            > READ
                            >
                            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                            > owner/moderator of this group, but
                            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                            >
                            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                            > we need to have
                            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                            > HELP: Please nominate a
                            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                            > message). It must be a
                            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                            > nominees, although
                            > more is OK too.
                            >
                            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                            > "poll" function, where
                            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                            > poll open for two
                            > weeks.
                            >
                            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                            >
                            > After the election, we will forward the results to
                            > YahooGroups
                            > administration and they will affect the change.
                            >
                            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                            > this through with Yahoo
                            > Groups.
                            >
                            > --
                            > Bill Tarkulich
                            > http://www.iabsi.com
                            >
                            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                            > decline the position.
                            >
                            > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                            Dolores Glade

                            Need a vacation? Get great deals
                            to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                            http://travel.yahoo.com/

                          • Edie
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                              I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
                              Edith "Edie" Sando

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                                  I nominate Bill Tarkulich

                                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
                                  >
                                  > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
                                  > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                  > > READ
                                  > >
                                  > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                  > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                  > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                  > >
                                  > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                  > > we need to have
                                  > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                  > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                  > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                  > > message). It must be a
                                  > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                  > > nominees, although
                                  > > more is OK too.
                                  > >
                                  > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                  > > "poll" function, where
                                  > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                  > > poll open for two
                                  > > weeks.
                                  > >
                                  > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                  > >
                                  > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                  > > YahooGroups
                                  > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                  > >
                                  > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                  > > this through with Yahoo
                                  > > Groups.
                                  > >
                                  > > --
                                  > > Bill Tarkulich
                                  > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                  > >
                                  > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                  > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                  > > decline the position.
                                  > >
                                  > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                  > Dolores Glade

                                  > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                  > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                  > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                                • jcotteret
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                                    <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                                    > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                                    >
                                    > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                                    group, but
                                    > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                    >
                                    > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                                    > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                                    nominate a
                                    > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                                    > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                                    although
                                    > more is OK too.
                                    >
                                    > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                                    where
                                    > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                                    two
                                    > weeks.
                                    >
                                    > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                    >
                                    > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                                    > administration and they will affect the change.
                                    >
                                    > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                                    Yahoo
                                    > Groups.
                                    >
                                    > --
                                    > Bill Tarkulich
                                    > http://www.iabsi.com
                                    >
                                    > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                    > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                                    position.

                                    Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                                    nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                                    Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                                    Jacques Cotteret
                                  • Sinbad Schwartz
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                                      > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                                      > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                                      > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                                      > Jacques Cotteret

                                      Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                                      John M.
                                    • Terry L. Karkos
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                        I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                                        Terry Karkos
                                        Maine

                                      • travel2001@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                          I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                                          Thanks,

                                          George Iski

                                          GoSlovakia@...

                                          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                                          >
                                          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                                          group, but
                                          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                          >
                                          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                                          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                                          nominate a
                                          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                                          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                                          although
                                          > more is OK too.
                                          >
                                          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                                          where
                                          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                                          two
                                          > weeks.
                                          >
                                          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                          >
                                          > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                                          > administration and they will affect the change.
                                          >
                                          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                                          Yahoo
                                          > Groups.
                                          >
                                          > --
                                          > Bill Tarkulich
                                          > http://www.iabsi.com
                                          >
                                          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                                          position.

                                        • J.
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                            Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                                            However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                                            Good Luck to all of them!!!
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                              All the message history is archived here
                                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                                              Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                                              organized.

                                              --
                                              Bill Tarkulich
                                              http://www.iabsi.com
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                                Hi everybody!
                                                I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                                                Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                                                G-day to all

                                                Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                                                > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                                > > READ
                                                > >
                                                > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                                > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                                > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                                > >
                                                > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                                > > we need to have
                                                > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                                > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                                > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                                > > message). It must be a
                                                > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                                > > nominees, although
                                                > > more is OK too.
                                                > >
                                                > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                                > > "poll" function, where
                                                > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                                > > poll open for two
                                                > > weeks.
                                                > >
                                                > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                                > >
                                                > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                                > > YahooGroups
                                                > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                                > >
                                                > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                                > > this through with Yahoo
                                                > > Groups.
                                                > >
                                                > > --
                                                > > Bill Tarkulich
                                                > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                                > >
                                                > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                                > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                                > > decline the position.
                                                > >
                                                > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                                > Dolores Glade

                                                > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                                > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                                > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                                              • K Higgison
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                                  I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                                                  Thanks...
                                                  Kathi

                                                  > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                                  > READ
                                                  >
                                                  > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                                  > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                                  > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                                  >
                                                  > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                                  > we need to have
                                                  > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                                  > HELP: Please nominate a
                                                  > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                                  > message). It must be a
                                                  > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                                  > nominees, although
                                                  > more is OK too.
                                                  >
                                                  > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                                  > "poll" function, where
                                                  > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                                  > poll open for two
                                                  > weeks.
                                                  >
                                                  > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                                  >
                                                  > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                                  > YahooGroups
                                                  > administration and they will affect the change.
                                                  >
                                                  > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                                  > this through with Yahoo
                                                  > Groups.
                                                  >
                                                  > --
                                                  > Bill Tarkulich
                                                  > http://www.iabsi.com
                                                  >
                                                  > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                                  > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                                  > decline the position.
                                                  >
                                                  > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                                  Dolores Glade