Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

      Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this group, but
      we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.

      To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
      nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please nominate a
      candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
      current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees, although
      more is OK too.

      We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function, where
      you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for two
      weeks.

      NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.

      After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
      administration and they will affect the change.

      A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with Yahoo
      Groups.

      --
      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com

      p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
      p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the position.
    • treimer@nycap.rr.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
        Dear fellow researchers,

        I nominate Bill. There would be few more qualified people.

        Thomas

        > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
        >
        > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
        > group, but
        > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
        >
        > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
        > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
        > nominate a
        > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
        > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
        > althoughmore is OK too.
        >
        > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
        > whereyou get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open
        > for two
        > weeks.
        >
        > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
        >
        > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
        > administration and they will affect the change.
        >
        > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through
        > with Yahoo
        > Groups.
        >
        > --
        > Bill Tarkulich
        > http://www.iabsi.com
        >
        > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
        > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
        > position.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jody Gonda

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            I would like to nominate Bill Tarkulich.

            James McGrath

          • Willy Akers
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
              I NOMINATE BILL TARKULICH....

              Jody Gonda <jodygonda4@...> wrote: I nominate Bill Tarkulich! :o)

[...]

              I'll be talkin' to ya !
              Willy Akers

              Account Representative & All around Good Guy
              Mid-Utah Radio / SanPete County Broadcasting
              Office- 435-896-4456
              Fax---- 435-896-9333
              Cell---- 435-979-9801
              willyakers@...

            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                I hereby nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                Caye

                > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                > READ
                >
                > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                > owner/moderator of this group, but
                > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                >
                > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                > we need to have
                > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                > HELP: Please nominate a
                > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                > message). It must be a
                > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                > nominees, although
                > more is OK too.
                >
                > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                > "poll" function, where
                > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                > poll open for two
                > weeks.
                >
                > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                >
                > After the election, we will forward the results to
                > YahooGroups
                > administration and they will affect the change.
                >
                > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                > this through with Yahoo
                > Groups.
                >
                > --
                > Bill Tarkulich
                > http://www.iabsi.com
                >
                > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                > decline the position.

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
              • Marilyn Sandorf

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                    I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
                    To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
                    old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
                    nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
                    "list".

                    Thanks,
                    Bill
                  • Frank R. Plichta
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                      LOL: Looks like Bill got his 3-5 nominations. LOL

                      Frank

                      _____

                      I would like to nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                      James McGrath

                      I nominate Bill Tarkulich! :o)

                      Jody Gonda

                    • amiak27
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                        Put me on the list. I would be happy to work as backup moderator.

                        Ron
                        Ron Matviyak

                        <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                        > I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
                        > To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
                        > old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
                        > nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
                        > "list".
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Bill

                      • Dolores Glade
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007

                          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                          > READ
                          >
                          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                          > owner/moderator of this group, but
                          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                          >
                          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                          > we need to have
                          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                          > HELP: Please nominate a
                          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                          > message). It must be a
                          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                          > nominees, although
                          > more is OK too.
                          >
                          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                          > "poll" function, where
                          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                          > poll open for two
                          > weeks.
                          >
                          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                          >
                          > After the election, we will forward the results to
                          > YahooGroups
                          > administration and they will affect the change.
                          >
                          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                          > this through with Yahoo
                          > Groups.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Bill Tarkulich
                          > http://www.iabsi.com
                          >
                          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                          > decline the position.
                          >
                          > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                          Dolores Glade

                          Need a vacation? Get great deals
                          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                          http://travel.yahoo.com/
                        • Bratgirl54@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                            Bill, I nominate you since you have been so active on this
                            site...........please keep me on,,,been having a bout with illness but check in and read my
                            emails..........so please keep me on...........Thanks.

                          • Ann Fisher
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                              I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

                              Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

                              > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                              > READ
                              >
                              > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                              > owner/moderator of this group, but
                              > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                              >
                              > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                              > we need to have
                              > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                              > HELP: Please nominate a
                              > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                              > message). It must be a
                              > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                              > nominees, although
                              > more is OK too.
                              >
                              > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                              > "poll" function, where
                              > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                              > poll open for two
                              > weeks.
                              >
                              > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                              >
                              > After the election, we will forward the results to
                              > YahooGroups
                              > administration and they will affect the change.
                              >
                              > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                              > this through with Yahoo
                              > Groups.
                              >
                              > --
                              > Bill Tarkulich
                              > http://www.iabsi.com
                              >
                              > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                              > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                              > decline the position.
                              >
                              > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                              Dolores Glade

                              Need a vacation? Get great deals
                              to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                              http://travel.yahoo.com/

                            • Edie
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                                I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
                                Edith "Edie" Sando

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                                    I nominate Bill Tarkulich

                                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
                                    >
                                    > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
                                    > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                    > > READ
                                    > >
                                    > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                    > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                    > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                    > >
                                    > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                    > > we need to have
                                    > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                    > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                    > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                    > > message). It must be a
                                    > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                    > > nominees, although
                                    > > more is OK too.
                                    > >
                                    > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                    > > "poll" function, where
                                    > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                    > > poll open for two
                                    > > weeks.
                                    > >
                                    > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                    > >
                                    > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                    > > YahooGroups
                                    > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                    > >
                                    > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                    > > this through with Yahoo
                                    > > Groups.
                                    > >
                                    > > --
                                    > > Bill Tarkulich
                                    > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                    > >
                                    > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                    > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                    > > decline the position.
                                    > >
                                    > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                    > Dolores Glade

                                    > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                    > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                    > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                                  • jcotteret
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
                                      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                                      > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                                      >
                                      > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                                      group, but
                                      > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                      >
                                      > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                                      > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                                      nominate a
                                      > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                                      > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                                      although
                                      > more is OK too.
                                      >
                                      > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                                      where
                                      > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                                      two
                                      > weeks.
                                      >
                                      > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                      >
                                      > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                                      > administration and they will affect the change.
                                      >
                                      > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                                      Yahoo
                                      > Groups.
                                      >
                                      > --
                                      > Bill Tarkulich
                                      > http://www.iabsi.com
                                      >
                                      > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                      > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                                      position.

                                      Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                                      nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                                      Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                                      Jacques Cotteret
                                    • Sinbad Schwartz
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                                        > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                                        > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                                        > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                                        > Jacques Cotteret

                                        Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                                        John M.
                                      • Terry L. Karkos
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                          I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                                          Terry Karkos
                                          Maine

                                        • travel2001@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                            I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                                            Thanks,

                                            George Iski

                                            GoSlovakia@...

                                            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                                            >
                                            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                                            group, but
                                            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                            >
                                            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                                            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                                            nominate a
                                            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                                            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                                            although
                                            > more is OK too.
                                            >
                                            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                                            where
                                            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                                            two
                                            > weeks.
                                            >
                                            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                            >
                                            > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                                            > administration and they will affect the change.
                                            >
                                            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                                            Yahoo
                                            > Groups.
                                            >
                                            > --
                                            > Bill Tarkulich
                                            > http://www.iabsi.com
                                            >
                                            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                                            position.

                                          • J.
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                              Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                                              However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                                              Good Luck to all of them!!!
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                                All the message history is archived here
                                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                                                Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                                                organized.

                                                --
                                                Bill Tarkulich
                                                http://www.iabsi.com
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                                  Hi everybody!
                                                  I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                                                  Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                                                  G-day to all

                                                  Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                                                  > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                                  > > READ
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                                  > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                                  > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                                  > > we need to have
                                                  > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                                  > > HELP: Please nominate a
                                                  > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                                  > > message). It must be a
                                                  > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                                  > > nominees, although
                                                  > > more is OK too.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                                  > > "poll" function, where
                                                  > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                                  > > poll open for two
                                                  > > weeks.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                                  > > YahooGroups
                                                  > > administration and they will affect the change.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                                  > > this through with Yahoo
                                                  > > Groups.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --
                                                  > > Bill Tarkulich
                                                  > > http://www.iabsi.com
                                                  > >
                                                  > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                                  > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                                  > > decline the position.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                                  > Dolores Glade

                                                  > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                                                  > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                                                  > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                                                • K Higgison
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                                                    I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                                                    Thanks...
                                                    Kathi

                                                    > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                                                    > READ
                                                    >
                                                    > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                                                    > owner/moderator of this group, but
                                                    > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                                                    >
                                                    > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                                                    > we need to have
                                                    > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                                                    > HELP: Please nominate a
                                                    > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                                                    > message). It must be a
                                                    > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                                                    > nominees, although
                                                    > more is OK too.
                                                    >
                                                    > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                                                    > "poll" function, where
                                                    > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                                                    > poll open for two
                                                    > weeks.
                                                    >
                                                    > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                                                    >
                                                    > After the election, we will forward the results to
                                                    > YahooGroups
                                                    > administration and they will affect the change.
                                                    >
                                                    > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                                                    > this through with Yahoo
                                                    > Groups.
                                                    >
                                                    > --
                                                    > Bill Tarkulich
                                                    > http://www.iabsi.com
                                                    >
                                                    > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                                                    > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                                                    > decline the position.
                                                    >
                                                    > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                                                    Dolores Glade