Image posted to files section

  • Carl Kotlarchik
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 5:40 AM
      I have posted the image of the document which has the word that I'm
      trying to translate. It is named "possible occupation". I have tried
      both Slovak and Hungarian dictionaries but cannot find any word close
      to what appears to be "zoljan". The same word appears in several other
      documents for this ancestor.
      I'd appreciate any suggestions.
      Thanks very much,
      Carl
    • Jan Ammann

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31 10:37 AM
          Could zoljan be a "place-name" outside Slovakia? Is it possible its the place of birth and place of growing up were different?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31 10:52 AM
            Dear Friends,
            Please, please. This question has already been properly answered.
            Such wild guesses only confuse.
            You can not help a man if you don't know.
            Vladimir

            _____