New Group YES/New moderator YES

  • knittingmama48
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2007
      I have been receiving Slovak roots for a long long time. I was all
      ways struck by the nastiness in which the moderator admonished people
      for not sticking to the 'party line''Mara'? of what was perceived
      'proper' topics of research. I have been doing genealogical research
      for a LONG time (25 years plus) trained in research methods, attended
      conferences all over the country....and all ways professional and
      amateurs alike are courteous, helpful and point you in the right
      direction with out doing the work for you. I was at the founding of
      FEEHS...in the late 1990s and attended a lot of their workshops
      ....these are the people who write the books we all consult about
      sources, records, Slovak history etc....so my experience was positive,
      encouraging and a desire to move forward with research. I also
      attended national genealogical conferences and found the same thing.
      People are willing to share...and not be proprietary about 'their'
      genealogical niche. I put this group in an email category
      or separate file in my email program that was filtered automatically
      to its own file so if I glanced at it and saw people being 'yelled' at
      online for not being proper I dumped the message digest. Please,
      please count me in for a new group....people who have been posting
      here recently are wonderful, helpful and positive the way genealogists
      are I can well understand family or personal illness, crisis etc..but
      don't take it out on people on line it's rude....count me in in a poll
      to have the old moderator dumped and a new one put it!
      D G Le fevre