Religion switch?

  • Diane Le Fevre
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2000
      Gotta a questions for the group... would a person who changed from
      Greek to Roman catholic have been common in the 1800's? Why would
      such a thing happen?
      And would relatives shun him.. Thanks!1
    • RChory
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2000
        In the late 1800s, my husband's ggrandmother changed from Greek Catholic to
        Roman Catholic when she married into a Roman Catholic family. From what
        I've heard of the stubbornness on that side of the family, I'm sure he
        wouldn't have it any other way. And she was still close to her family.

        Ann