Re: [S-R] Re: Survey of FHL Slovakia Church Records

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 20, 2007
      Hi Bill:

      I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for all of your hard work and time that you
      put into the parish list that you compiled and the rest of the information
      on your website. It was fascinating to see the dates for the various records
      because it not only helps us double-check the time periods, but can also lead
      to more indepth searches of some of the older records (I was surprised by
      how far back the KEZAMOROK records go and one of my great, great, great
      grandmothers is from a small village that belonged to either the Evangelic of Roman
      Catholic parish), as well as may lead to searches of neighboring parishes. I
      am very glad that you are a Slovak brethren, as both you personally and your
      website have helped me immensely with my family research over the years. I
      use your website constantly as my springboard for genealogical research.
      Without all of your help, I know I would not have understood as much or gotten
      as far in my genealogical research. Thanks again, my friend!

      Best regards,

      David

      P.S. Make sure to backup your computers and make hard copy prints of your
      genealogical information. I recently had a major computer crash.

      Message 36 of 36 , Aug 3, 2007
        David is correct. The term was used both ways, which sometimes makes it
        confusing.