RE: [S-R] Re: Survey of FHL Slovakia Church Records

    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 20, 2007
      Thank you Marianne for your words of appreciation. It makes it all
      worthwhile.

      But I must remind everyone that "it takes a village to raise a child", which
      is another way of saying I can't create a genealogy resource by myself.
      There are more than 2,500 villages, towns and cities in Slovakia. Everyone
      has a unique angle.

      Your contributions are vital, no matter how small. You may have gleaned one
      insight that can help hundreds of researchers. You may hold the missing
      piece in the 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. It takes decades to assemble all
      this material, and each of us plays a part.

      Please consider contributing material to a web site (mine or others) that
      will live on in infamy, rather than a fleeting email message. I'm more than
      happy to help you package it up into something useable, findable,
      reference-able to others. Why let the fruits of your efforts whiter on the
      vine? We all help each other, newbie and seasoned pro, 3rd generation
      immigrant or Slovakia Citizen.

      Bill

      Message 36 of 36 , Aug 3, 2007
        David is correct. The term was used both ways, which sometimes makes it
        confusing.