RE: [S-R] FHL Update, Summer 2007 - BIG NEWS
- Thanks Bill, great news!!
From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Bill Tarkulich
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:07 PM
Subject: [S-R] FHL Update, Summer 2007 - BIG NEWS
I just received word back from the FHL Catalog E. European team
regarding work accomplishments over the past 12 months (Aug 06 - July 07).
BIG NEWS: FHL has signed an agreement to begin filming the Czech
Republic Archives records! As the cataloguer wrote me, "Incredible!
I never thought I'd see the day!"
OH-WELL News - Very few new Slovakia films.
1. In Třeboň, we've signed agreements to microfilm all the church
2. Also, the 1921 census and the seignorial records, all of which are
in incredible boon to research.
3. In Litoměřice and Opava, we've signed agreements to film the
4. We're filming them digitally, which should be great, but we don't
yet have the framework set in place to look at digital images in our
new system. That should hopefully be getting up and running by around
the end of the year, but still not a hundred percent sure.
(This suggests it still could be a couple years out before you have
images available, since they then have to put an external framework
together for people like you and me to view them.)
1. We're finished cataloging Nitra.
2. Banska Bystrica is needing to be finished. It's about 60%
finished, as far as I remember. (nothing new released)
3. Also, Bratislava has now been almost totally filmed. We are down
through the T's, alphabetically, so we're getting close to the end.
(nothing new released)
4. Very few new films have been released. There are many record
changes, but most are typos and small adjustment to text.
5. I have the last 12 months of updates. It will take me a week or so
to format them into something more useable. If you want to know about
a particular village, drop me a note.
Hungary and Armenia, and Georgia are getting a lot of attention right
now and have diverted resources away from Slovakia.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]