LDS cd of "NY arrivals"

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2000
      By the way, if the person who posted about the $99 CD of "Immigrant
      arrivals" is talking about what I think they are.....

      The LDS along with Ellis Island are doing a database of a -small
      timeframe- of NY arrivals in the years that have - already been
      soundexed anyway-. This database was supposed to be accessed at Ellis
      Island, and there was talk that the LDS was also going to have it for
      sale, but I have heard no more about it and don't think it's been
      publized for sale yet.

      In any case, those years have already been soundexed, so it's not going
      to be of much help. No new information or doing years that are unindexed
      (1847-1897), which in my opinion would have been MUCH more helpful (I've
      searched those unindexed years, so I speak from experience). The people
      at the FHC I go to were working on this nearly 3 years ago, and I
      watched them do the transcriptions.

      This is just an FYI so no one gets their hopes up too high. PLEASE let's
      not get on a "mormon opinion" thread again.