Re: [S-R] Visiting Slovakia and Proof of Medical Insurance or Finances

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2007
      Frank and all,
      I have been to both Poland and Slovakia twice, once in 2000 and again in
      2005. Never had been asked to show proof of medical insurance or money to live
      on. But one change I did notice. In 2000, I rented a car and was not asked
      for my International Driving permit. however, in 2005, it was necessary to
      show this permit before driving away.
      Noreen

      Paul,

      The issue of proving medical insurance and financial support may be another
      myth.

      I have traveled to Slovakia and the Czech republics on three occasions:
      July 1984 (Communists still in power), August 1996 and lastly in March 2006.
      I had heard the stories of needing proof of medical insurance and also, for
      the first visit, of having a certain amount of money to enter the country.

      In my experience, no one ever asked me for such proof.

      Has anyone ever had to demonstrate availability of medical insurance or
      financial independence?

      Frank Plichta