INS/USBCIS Essays on Immigrants

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 7:06 PM
      In the course of site reorganization, the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship
      and Immigration Services has not reinstated several very illustrative
      and important documents relative to genealogy research. Until such
      time that BCIS reinstates this material, I have reprinted it on my web
      for reference. In some cases, images were unable to be retrieved. I
      will continue to look for acceptable image substitutes (I may have to
      anonymize some of my personal material.)

      The most important document refutes the old urban legend "They changed
      his name at Ellis Island". This is far from the truth and the
      BCIS/INS states as much.

      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/imm_names.htm

      Enjoy!