Jewish Gen

  • Diana Boggs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
      Yes, I have already discovered I am at a great handicap by researching without being able to speak/read Hungarian/Czech, etc. Particularly true with Vizsla dog pedigrees. Names of owners suddenly become part of dog name because transcribers mistakenly copy incorrect names. Then...."Champion" means Gyoztes and for awhile I thought that word was a kennel name. Without help from a knowledgeable translator, I would have made many more mistakes than I have. God help those dog breeders who live with a translated "Breed Standard" originating from a foreign country. Our breed Standard has had several discrepancies, printed and had breeders mistakenly bred for an incorrect color, that later becomes mainstream and more accepted. ;-((

      Diana