MARTIN/STROBL

  • Tracy LeSage
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2000
      Hello List,

      I have been a member of this list for quite a while, but this is my
      first posting. First I want to say that I have learned a lot just
      reading the postings the past year. I am still fairly new to
      genealogy and have never been to a FHC. I know there are two close
      by, but haven't been able to get there yet.

      I am looking for information on the following families and any help
      will be appreciated. Thank you.

      MARTIN/POST
      First Generation
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      1. Adam Martin. Occupation: Wheelright or Wagoner.

      Adam married Elizabeth Post. Elizabeth died ? May 1898.

      They had the following children:
      2 i. Frank Edmund (1865-1927)
      ii. Louise Amelia.

      Second Generation
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      2. Frank Edmund Martin. Born on 29 Oct 1865 in Ujvar, Austria. Frank
      Edmund died on 20 May 1927, he was 61.

      On 6 Apr 1891 when Frank Edmund was 25, he married Barbara Susan
      Strobl, daughter of Dominic Strobl & Juliana Reichrad. Born on 13 Oct
      1873 in Austria-Hungary. Barbara Susan died in Wyandotte, Wayne Co.,
      MI on 7 Feb 1940, she was 66.

      They had the following children:
      i. Franz Adam Dominic (1892-1898)
      ii. Paulina Anna (1895-)
      iii. John Joseph (1899-)
      iv. Maria Magdalena (Mary) (1906-)
      v. Emma Catherine (1911-1973)

      STROBL/REICHRAD

      First Generation
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      1. Dominic Strobl. Born in Austria-Hungary. Dominic died on 7 Jul
      1922.

      Dominic married Juliana Reichrad. Born in Austria-Hungary. Juliana
      died on 19 Mar 1918.

      They had the following children:
      2 i. Barbara Susan (1873-1940)
      ii. Rose.
      iii. Julia.

      Julia married Nick Klimick.

      iv. Mary.

      Mary married John ?.

      v. Anna.

      Anna married Jack Miller.

      vi. Jacob (Jack).

      Jacob (Jack) married Marie ?.

      vii. John.

      John married Kate ?.

      viii. Pauline.

      Pauline married ? Eismann.

      ix. ?.
      x. ?.
      xi. ?.
      xii. ?.
      xiii. ?.
      xiv. ?.
      xv. ?.
      xvi. ?.
      xvii. ?.
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Tracy LeSage" <Teu666@a...> wrote:
        > Hello List,
        >
        > I have been a member of this list for quite a while, but this is my
        > first posting.

        > 2. Frank Edmund Martin. Born on 29 Oct 1865 in Ujvar, Austria.
        Frank
        > Edmund died on 20 May 1927, he was 61.

        Many of your surnames are German.
        Ujvar was located in the Banat area, formerly part of the Austrian
        Empire and now divided among Romania, former Yugoslavia and Hungary.

        Try the Banat Mailing List.

        http://feefhs.org/banat/frgbanat.html
      • Tracy LeSage