Re: [S-R] Re: WARGA/VARGA, and ZEC

  • MA Bensh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 6:53 AM
      Thanks. Not a match as far as I know at this time. Bayone, NJ, is the only location I currently have for the family. Will keep this in my folder, just in case.

      johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> Only other name I have that links to this family, is an Andrew ZEC,
      who apparently became the guardian of my gf and his brother before they
      were placed in a orphanage.<<<

      This may be a slim thread of evidence but it seems toi be all we have.
      Luckliy, the name is uncommon.

      There is ONE instance of Andras Zecs on Ellis Island. He was going to
      McKeesport, PA. A location fit?

      Zecs was from Janoska.

      Mother Marta Sedlacek Varga and three little Vargas, Andras, Imre and
      Jozsef, came to McKeesport from Janoska in 1907.

      Does any of this hold water?