Re: [S-R] US Genealogy Trip

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
      Pierogi Fest -- last week of July -- in Northwest
      Indiana. Visit the Pierogitorium at:

      www.pierogifest.net

      Don't miss the parade on Friday evening -- in
      particular The Precision Lawnmowing Drill Team and the
      PierogiPups -- not to mention the Bushas -- lol, it's
      a hoot!

      Caye

      --- Larry Buback <lbuback@...> wrote:

      > My name is Larry Buback and I am visiting a number
      > of states this summer in doing a genealogy study of
      > the Bubak/Simon families after they came to this
      > country in the early 1900s. I am particularly
      > interested in Slovak Festivals and Museums in
      > Indiana, Ohio and Penn. If you have any information
      > of what I might visit, I would appreciate it. You
      > can contact me at lbuback@.... Thank you,
      > Larry Buback
      >

      > Larry Buback
      > lbuback@...

      > removed]

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
        >>> Pierogi Fest -- last week of July -- in Northwest Indiana. Visit
        the Pierogitorium at: www.pierogifest.net

        I wish that Whiting, IN, was closer. It sounds like a PARTY!!!!!!!!
      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
          I double-dog dare ya to drive in!!!

          I'm picking up my Slovak cousin tonight -- she'll be
          here all Summer -- you could brush up on your Slovak
          and she can work on her English.

          C'mon, it'll be a riot!!! If you remember, I've even
          got a Busha costume and I ain't afraid to wear it --
          although you might want to pretend ya don't know me.

          Caye

          --- johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:

          > Northwest Indiana. Visit
          > the Pierogitorium at: www.pierogifest.net
          >
          > I wish that Whiting, IN, was closer. It sounds like
          > a PARTY!!!!!!!!

          TV dinner still cooling?
          http://tv.yahoo.com/
        • Milan Huba
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
            Can you tell me more about this fest. I looked at their website and it
            didn't provide much information. I live in the Chicagoland area and Whiting
            Indiana is not that far for me. Milan Huba

            --- johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:

            > Northwest Indiana. Visit
            > the Pierogitorium at: www.pierogifest.net
            >
            > I wish that Whiting, IN, was closer. It sounds like
            > a PARTY!!!!!!!!

            TV dinner still cooling?
            http://tv.yahoo.com/

          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
              Wow, you must not be clicking on all their links -- it
              introduces you to all the Pierogi "flavors" -- and Mr.
              Pierogy -- also Ms. Paczki -- lists events,
              entertainment, nearby hotels, directions, has
              slideshows of last years event -- and even a link to
              the o-fish-uhl theme song -- click around on the links
              -- don't be shy -- there's a TON of info on their
              website -- oh, yeah, also lists all the vendors and
              food providers.

              Let me know if you still are having trouble and I'll
              give you my personal low-down. Gotta to to O'Hare and
              fetch the cousin now, but I'll check my e-mail again
              in the morning.

              Caye

              --- Milan Huba <illy@...> wrote:

              > Can you tell me more about this fest. I looked at
              > their website and it
              > didn't provide much information. I live in the
              > Chicagoland area and Whiting
              > Indiana is not that far for me. Milan Huba

            • johnqadam
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
                >>> I double-dog dare ya to drive in!!!
                >
                > I'm picking up my Slovak cousin tonight -- she'll be here all Summer -
                - you could brush up on your Slovak and she can work on her English.

                > C'mon, it'll be a riot!!! If you remember, I've even
                > got a Busha costume and I ain't afraid to wear it --
                > although you might want to pretend ya don't know me.
                >

                > Caye

                My excuse is that I am off to San Diego that weekend. My Slovak lessons
                will need to wait until Michalovce in September. What a bummer.

                JQA
              • Larry Buback
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
                  This the type of information is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you, we will be sure to stop by and visit this Slovak shop. Larry

                  johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> I am particularly interested in Slovak Festivals and Museums in
                  Indiana, Ohio and Penn. <<<

                  Slovak Folk Crafts
                  1605B S Center St,
                  Grove City, PA 16127
                  724-748-5868
                  http://www.slovakfolkcrafts.com/

                  GROVE CITY. Dave and Anne Dayton started this, the largest Slovak gift
                  shop in the country, after four months of living and working in
                  Slovakia. Every item in the shop is made in Slovakia, and all of the
                  profits are sent back to Slovakia for economic and cultural projects.
                  This is the perfect place to find unusual gift and decorative items.
                  Hand-cut lead crystal vases and bowls, ceramics, decorative eggs,
                  intricate embroidery and lace and carved wooden toys are just a few of
                  the 2000+ handmade items for sale.

                  Larry Buback
                  lbuback@...

                • Caye Caswick