Re: US Genealogy Trip

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
      >>> I am particularly interested in Slovak Festivals and Museums in
      Indiana, Ohio and Penn. <<<

      Slovak Folk Crafts
      1605B S Center St,
      Grove City, PA 16127
      724-748-5868
      http://www.slovakfolkcrafts.com/

      GROVE CITY. Dave and Anne Dayton started this, the largest Slovak gift
      shop in the country, after four months of living and working in
      Slovakia. Every item in the shop is made in Slovakia, and all of the
      profits are sent back to Slovakia for economic and cultural projects.
      This is the perfect place to find unusual gift and decorative items.
      Hand-cut lead crystal vases and bowls, ceramics, decorative eggs,
      intricate embroidery and lace and carved wooden toys are just a few of
      the 2000+ handmade items for sale.
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
        Pierogi Fest -- last week of July -- in Northwest
        Indiana. Visit the Pierogitorium at:

        www.pierogifest.net

        Don't miss the parade on Friday evening -- in
        particular The Precision Lawnmowing Drill Team and the
        PierogiPups -- not to mention the Bushas -- lol, it's
        a hoot!

        Caye

        --- Larry Buback <lbuback@...> wrote:

        > My name is Larry Buback and I am visiting a number
        > of states this summer in doing a genealogy study of
        > the Bubak/Simon families after they came to this
        > country in the early 1900s. I am particularly
        > interested in Slovak Festivals and Museums in
        > Indiana, Ohio and Penn. If you have any information
        > of what I might visit, I would appreciate it. You
        > can contact me at lbuback@.... Thank you,
        > Larry Buback
        >

        > Larry Buback
        > lbuback@...

        > removed]

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
          >>> Pierogi Fest -- last week of July -- in Northwest Indiana. Visit
          the Pierogitorium at: www.pierogifest.net

          I wish that Whiting, IN, was closer. It sounds like a PARTY!!!!!!!!
        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
            I double-dog dare ya to drive in!!!

            I'm picking up my Slovak cousin tonight -- she'll be
            here all Summer -- you could brush up on your Slovak
            and she can work on her English.

            C'mon, it'll be a riot!!! If you remember, I've even
            got a Busha costume and I ain't afraid to wear it --
            although you might want to pretend ya don't know me.

            Caye

            --- johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:

            > Northwest Indiana. Visit
            > the Pierogitorium at: www.pierogifest.net
            >
            > I wish that Whiting, IN, was closer. It sounds like
            > a PARTY!!!!!!!!

            TV dinner still cooling?
            http://tv.yahoo.com/
          • Milan Huba
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
              Can you tell me more about this fest. I looked at their website and it
              didn't provide much information. I live in the Chicagoland area and Whiting
              Indiana is not that far for me. Milan Huba

              --- johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:

              > Northwest Indiana. Visit
              > the Pierogitorium at: www.pierogifest.net
              >
              > I wish that Whiting, IN, was closer. It sounds like
              > a PARTY!!!!!!!!

              TV dinner still cooling?
              http://tv.yahoo.com/

            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
                Wow, you must not be clicking on all their links -- it
                introduces you to all the Pierogi "flavors" -- and Mr.
                Pierogy -- also Ms. Paczki -- lists events,
                entertainment, nearby hotels, directions, has
                slideshows of last years event -- and even a link to
                the o-fish-uhl theme song -- click around on the links
                -- don't be shy -- there's a TON of info on their
                website -- oh, yeah, also lists all the vendors and
                food providers.

                Let me know if you still are having trouble and I'll
                give you my personal low-down. Gotta to to O'Hare and
                fetch the cousin now, but I'll check my e-mail again
                in the morning.

                Caye

                --- Milan Huba <illy@...> wrote:

                > Can you tell me more about this fest. I looked at
                > their website and it
                > didn't provide much information. I live in the
                > Chicagoland area and Whiting
                > Indiana is not that far for me. Milan Huba

              • johnqadam
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 15, 2007
                  >>> I double-dog dare ya to drive in!!!
                  >
                  > I'm picking up my Slovak cousin tonight -- she'll be here all Summer -
                  - you could brush up on your Slovak and she can work on her English.

                  > C'mon, it'll be a riot!!! If you remember, I've even
                  > got a Busha costume and I ain't afraid to wear it --
                  > although you might want to pretend ya don't know me.
                  >

                  > Caye

                  My excuse is that I am off to San Diego that weekend. My Slovak lessons
                  will need to wait until Michalovce in September. What a bummer.

                  JQA
                • Larry Buback

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 16, 2007
                      Musta been the costume, lol.