Re: [S-R] Using Family Tree Maker

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
      You need an acrobat writer program. I believe there are some freebees
      but have no details

      Nick
    • Frank R. Plichta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
        Rick,

        A couple of issues to consider:

        1. What version of Family Tree Maker are you using? I have Version 11
        dated 2003 and under File there is an option to Export any FTM report to
        Acrobat PDF file.

        2. You did not state which FTM family report you are trying to export.
        Some of the reports are only available on multiple pages due to their size.
        An alternate would be to select fewer individuals or generation for your
        report.

        Enjoy,

        Frank

        Frank Plichta

        Galax, Virginia

        "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
          Your problem might be the printer rather than the software.

          If you want it on one letter sized sheet and you have more than a few
          generations, they'll be bunched together. I would guess what you might
          need is to print to an 11x17 or large format printer to accommodate
          the number of generations [boxes] you have. [A pedigree chart might
          not have the boxes but it's still the same problem.]

          You might try Kinko's http://fedex.kinkos.com/fpfk/FPFK2_HowToUse.pdf

          Check on which printers your local Kinkos has. I know that if you go
          to a larger format printer: 36" by length of TBD inches it get pricey
          at ~$10 square foot of output.

          Jim

          P.S. Maybe the software download will list the available printers. I
          haven't done that.