Using Family Tree Maker

  • Rick Mayernik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2007
      Hello

      Is there special preparation to send a chart to Acrobat Reader (PDF)? I
      tried and the chart turns out to be clumped all to together on one page.
      When I select multiple pages instead of one page it turns ouot ok but the
      pages have to be connected (making it difficult to print on one lage sheet
      of paper).

      Any advise to make a large printout of a family chart (All-in-One)?

      Thanks

      Rick
    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
        You need an acrobat writer program. I believe there are some freebees
        but have no details

        Nick
      • Frank R. Plichta
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
          Rick,

          A couple of issues to consider:

          1. What version of Family Tree Maker are you using? I have Version 11
          dated 2003 and under File there is an option to Export any FTM report to
          Acrobat PDF file.

          2. You did not state which FTM family report you are trying to export.
          Some of the reports are only available on multiple pages due to their size.
          An alternate would be to select fewer individuals or generation for your
          report.

          Enjoy,

          Frank

          Frank Plichta

          Galax, Virginia

          "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"

          _____

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
            Your problem might be the printer rather than the software.

            If you want it on one letter sized sheet and you have more than a few
            generations, they'll be bunched together. I would guess what you might
            need is to print to an 11x17 or large format printer to accommodate
            the number of generations [boxes] you have. [A pedigree chart might
            not have the boxes but it's still the same problem.]

            You might try Kinko's http://fedex.kinkos.com/fpfk/FPFK2_HowToUse.pdf

            Check on which printers your local Kinkos has. I know that if you go
            to a larger format printer: 36" by length of TBD inches it get pricey
            at ~$10 square foot of output.

            Jim

            P.S. Maybe the software download will list the available printers. I
            haven't done that.