RE: [S-R] Searching for a relative

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
      Are you sure you found Johan coming through Boston? I found him in
      Baltimore.

      As for Kondrc, I don't see any coming from the variants of Brestovany (Kis-,
      Nagy-, Velke-, Male-), but there were three from neighboring Bucany in the
      EI records-Jozef (1905), and two Katerinas (both 1921). There was a Stefan
      Konderk immigrating from Pernek in Pozsony megye in 1905, again through
      Baltimore, but this seems a little far away.

      I don't know what your "Hubre" might be. Could it be Velke?

      Have you looked at the church records from Bucany? It could be that folks
      from Brestovany are in there. I don't see anything listed for Korlatko.
      Either they are with another village or the records haven't been released
      yet.

      You'll just have to keep on hunting. Good luck.

      Janet

      _____

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2007
          Is it possible to get a hold of the church records online for bucany/brestovany.Also does anyone know the best way to get info for military prior to Czech forming?DaveHave you looked at the church records from Bucany? It could be that folksfrom Brestovany are in there. I don't see anything listed for Korlatko.Either they are with another village or the records haven't been releasedyet.You'll just have to keep on hunting. Good luck.

        • johnqadam
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 11, 2007
            >>> Is it possible to get a hold of the church records online for
            bucany/brestovany.<<<

            NO.

            LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
            Slovak archives eg: Brestovany. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and
            page references refer to different religions. Most of these church
            records are available on film via your LDS Family History Center.

            LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths,
            confirmations, and conversions for Buèany, Slovakia; formerly
            Nagybucsány (a.k.a. Bucsán, Bucsány), Nyitra, Hungary.