Re: Where to start

  • vchromoho
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2007
      (I tried posting this twice via e-mail but for whatever reason it
      was never distributed to the list.)

      Kay, those sound like Carpatho-Rusyn names to me -- Bajcura and
      Jalè. Were your relatives Byzantine/Greek Catholic? If so, they were
      almost certainly from northeastern Slovakia and were ethnically
      Carpatho-Rusyn. The family Bajcura comes mainly from the village of
      Èabiny and Jalè comes from Èabalovce, both in the Medzilaborce
      (Zemplin county) district north of Humenne, Slovakia. Members of
      these families lived in Pittsburgh and Lyndora/Butler, Pa. (north of
      Pittsburgh).

      www.c-rs.org
      www.carpatho-rusyn.org

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "browneyeskj" <browneyeskj@...>