Re: [S-R] HVIZDOS and DZUROV -- KLUKNAVA parish

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 12:50 AM
      Hello Rosemary:

      I'm pretty sure that we have a family connection. One of my great, great,
      great grandmothers is a ELIZABETH HVIZDOS (Born circa 1802, died March 15,
      1862) who lived in the KLUKNAVA parish. She was married to my great, great,
      great grandfather JAN TOMASOV from the adjacent village of HRISOVCE, and was the
      mother of my great, great grandmother SUSANNA TOMASOV (married to JAN
      BALOGA). As you may already be aware, the HVIZDOS clan in KLUKNAVA is huge. The
      DZUROV surname is also very familiar to me, as the godfather of my paternal
      grandfather ANDREW BALOGA (ANDRAS BALOG) was a MATHIAS DZUROV and the godfather
      was a MARIA BIROS. In fact, this MATHIAS DZUROV was also the godfather to
      my grandfather's three brothers (PAUL BALOGA, STEPHEN BALOGA, AND JAN BALOGA)
      and godfather to my grandfather's sister (SOPHIA BALOGA). My ancestors are
      also from many of the nearby villages including RICHNAVA, HRISOVCE, KALAVA,
      SLATVINA, SPISSKE VLACHY, DOLINA, VITAZ, OVCIE, AND KOLINOVCE. I also have
      connections with four other researchers in the KLUKNAVA parish, at least one of
      which is related to me and has a HVIZDOS connection, and another one of those
      has roots in RICHNAVA. I also remember seeing the SUSTER surname, and
      pretty sure that it is also in the KLUKNAVA parish records. The surnames below
      are in my direct lineage. Please feel free to write me at _David1Law@..._
      (mailto:David1Law@...) and I would be happy to share any information
      that I have. I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best regards,

      David Michael Baloga

      Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
      DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
      SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
      DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames: BALOGA
      (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY, HARENCSAR,
      HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY,
      TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL,
      WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA, and KROSNO, POLAND.