Re: [S-R] Rollcall: VANCIK, TEJ, BLANAR, GRANATOVIC, MOLNAR, GECI, POLYACHOCK, HRETZULA, ZLATNICZKI

  • sevilleb@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26 6:30 PM
      I have some information on Molnar in Lorain, OH. Not a lot, she would have been in her late 80's. First name was Elizabeth or Betty.

      From: "dan wanchic" <danzarusyn@...>
      I'm originally from the eastern Ohio village of Mingo Junction.

      I'm looking for these surnames on my paternal side of the family:
      VANCIK, VANCSIK, or VANTSIK, TEJ, BLANAR or BLANYAR
      and ROHAL - all are from Krize and/or Livov, Saris, SK.

      Related to all of the same surnames in Steubenville, Toronto,
      Weirton, Pittsburgh area.

      Actually would like to hear from anyone who has roots in Krize
      area. It's so small that we probably have some common ancestors.

      Would also like explore relationship to WANCHICK, WANCIK,
      WANCZYK surnames. Looking for relationship to greatgrandfather
      Gabor VANCIK from Krize.

      I'm looking for these surnames on my maternal side of the family:
      GRANATOVIC or GRANATOVICS, MOLNAR, GETSEY or GECI,
      POLYACHOCK (sp?) HRETZULA or GRECULA, and ZLATNICZKI
      and ROHAL - all are thought to be from Trebisov, Zemplin, SK

      Would like to determine relationship to other GETSEY or GECI
      (Akron-Canton area) and MOLNAR (Cleveland area) in Ohio.

      Aside from tracing the family tree, I'm also interested in these areas:

      - Meeting distant relatives, especially true for those on my fathers side
      of the tree. Aside from his immediate family, my only other meeting with
      any other members from that side was at my grandmothers funeral in the
      1960's. At least meeting via email.

      - The history of Krize. From the map, it appears to be fairly isolated,
      being at the end of the road in the mountains.

      Does anyone know any historical information?

      - Surname origins and meanings - It is believed that Vancik is a variation
      of Ivancik, the slavic equivalent of Johnson. I don't have any clear idea of
      the
      origin or meanings for Tej (which appeers to be Hungarian for milk), Blanyar

      (Blana is a membrane in Slovak) or Rohal (may be connected to Rohaly
      meaning royal?)

      - have developed multiple guesses for Granatovic meaning. Molnar is miller,
      not a clue with Geci. Hretzula or Zlatniczki?

      Too many questions - not enough answers

      Regards

      Dan Wanchic