Ottomar von Volkmann (1839-1901)

  • Diana Boggs
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2007
      I am researching the history of the Vizsla, Hungarian hunting breed, estimated by romanticists to be over 1000 years old. I found what I think is one of the earliest photographs in 1000 DOGS, photo taken in 1870 by the above fellow....from Austria. At this time Hungary was part of the Austro-Hungarian empire.

      Can someone help me trace this fellow, access more old Austrian photos or provide additional leads to research the history of the Hungarian golden pointer ?

      Diana Boggs