RE: [S-R] Cousins of the Knee

  • konekta@nm.psg.sk
    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2007
      In the second knee.

      _____

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Armata, Joseph R
      Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:03 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Cousins of the Knee

      So a "cousin of the second knee" just means a second cousin in English,
      is that right? (people with the same great-grandparents)

      Joe

      Message 2 of 5 , May 23, 2007
        Yes, Joe,

        That is the relationship I have with the cousin who made the comment.

        Vlad, thanks for adding the correct word "in the knee" rather than "of
        the knee". It was quite a few years ago I heard this, and I suspect
        it is my memory (and English language influence) that made that change.

        Ron