RE: [S-R] Family Name Question

  • konekta@nm.psg.sk
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2007
      Yes, that sounds about right.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of David Decker
      Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:07 AM
      To: slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Family Name Question

      Question also on the KONDRC name my grandmother says that in chez it was
      pronounced as

      KONDRC
      "CON" "DRITZ"
      Does that sound about right.
      So many names so little time

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.comFrom: konekta@...: Mon, 21 May
      2007 10:34:06 +0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Another Qustion

      On Ellis Island I found Maria Kenderis ( wrong transcription), coming
      withMaria and Stefan in 1895.This looks highly suspicious to me.If you take
      a careful look at the record you see, the original spellinwshould have been
      Kondercs.Vladimir_____ From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] OnBehalf Of David DeckerSent: Monday,
      May 21, 2007 8:31 AMTo: slovak-roots@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [S-R]
      Another QustionCant anything just be easy :).I finally found the kondrcs in
      1930/1920 Census. Not in 1910.Still cant find exactly how they got over
      here. Found a stray Benyak(Johan). And the name KONDRC has been spelled
      Kondris, Kordic, Kondrecz, Kondrc,Kondrec. Now if I could just figure out
      there spelling for the 1910 and if and howthey got to Ellis :).So do all H's
      become an s?I also have an old email where you state Kondrc would be
      Kondrcz.At least I am in a continual state of confusion. But I am doing
      good.Found a Hudek relative today. DavidTo: SLOVAK-ROOTS@
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFrom:
      konekta@.... <mailto:konekta%40nm.psg.skDate>skDate: Mon, 21 May 2007
      08:21:48 +0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Another QustionDear David,If you are
      researching Churay, you better use the originalspelling Csuray.I have tons
      of them.Vladimir_____ From:
      SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com[mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>yahoogroups.com] OnBehalf Of David
      DeckerSent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:24PMTo: slovak-roots@
      <mailto:slovak-roots%40yahoogroups.comSubject>yahoogroups.comSubject: [S-R]
      Another QustionAnyone have any ideas forsearching for immigration for two
      familymembers.Anna Benjak and SteveKondrc, they where married in 1906. From
      infogathered w/ census it lookslike Anna imm or possible naturalized in
      1907,and steve in 1906. Steve wasborn in 1881, and anna 1890. From eariler
      postyou can see where Benjak wasfrom,As for Kondrc they where from
      Bratislavaarea. Also tracing out Annasister Theresa Benjak Churay. Which is
      going ok.Thanks for any
      input.DaveTo:SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogr
      oups.comFrom:konekta@... <mailto:konekta%40nm.psg>
      .<mailto:konekta%40nm.psg.skDate>skDate: Sun, 20 May 2007
      20:25:05+0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Question onvillageThere were also other
      Benjakscoming from Korlatko, which is now Cerova-Lieskove. about 50 km North
      ofBratislava.Vladimir_____
      From:SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>yahoogroups.com[mai
      lto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>yahoogroups.com]
      OnBehalf Of DavidDeckerSent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:51PMTo:
      slovak-roots@<mailto:slovak-roots%40yahoogroups.comSubject>yahoogroups.comSu
      bject: [S-R]Question on villageI was doing some lookingand found a relative
      :)but itsays he is from Torlalks or Korlatks, HungrayItried google as a
      first resortbut came up short.At least it listed hiswife's name in the
      passengerlisting.Name was Janos Benjak.Thanks for anyinformation. Its an
      offshoot ofthe main benjak line that Iam trying totrace.David
      To:SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFr
      om:sparky27@comcast. <mailto:sparky27%40comcast.netDate>netDate: Thu, 3
      May200722:09:30 +0000Subject: [S-R] Re: LDS back-logI just got a call from
      mylocalFHC that one of the films I ordered in midApril is in! Hope this
      bodeswellfor those of you waiting forfilms.Stephanie
      B.---InSLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com,"CarlKotlarchik"<kkotlarc@...> wrote:>> Does anyone know why
      the films fromtheLDS are soback-logged? I > currently have 5 films on back
      order, severalofwhich areover 10 > weeks old. Normally, it just takes 2 to 4
      weeks toobtaina filmso > something must be really wrong. I did ask about it
      at theFamily>History Center but they didn't seem to know what was wrong.
      They>thoughtthere might be a problem in making copies from the vaults
      or>something.Anyway, I'm curious if others are having a problem
      >obtainingfilms. > >This really proves what an addict I've become doesn't
      it.I needmy
      >films!>Carl>__________________________________________________________Explo
      re thesevenwonders of the worldhttp:// <worldhttp://
      <worldhttp://search.>search.>
      search.<http://search.<http://search.<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7
      +wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mk
      t=en-US&form=QBRE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE
      >msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE[Non-text
      portions of this messagehave beenremoved][Non-text portions of this message
      have been
      the sevenwonders of the worldhttp:// <worldhttp://search.>
      search.<http://search.<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&
      mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QB
      RE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE[Non-text
      portions of this messagehave been removed][Non-text portions of this message
      have been removed]

      Yahoo! Groups Links