Sending gifts back to the Slovak Republic

  • matt_procter
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2007
      I am sending a package of gifts to relatives I met in the Slovak
      Republic on my trip last year. I have a couple of questions I hope
      you all can provide feedback on:

      1. Has anyone ever sent liquor back to Slovakia? I would like to
      send a bottle of bourboun back (packaged by myself), but don't know
      if that would create a customs issue, or if they even check for that
      sort of thing in packages coming into the country.

      2. I have gifts for the parents, teens and children. But there are
      two grandmothers that I met whom I want to include gifts for as
      well. Both are old and somewhat infirm (one is in a wheel chair). I
      am just at a loss for something thoughtful that I can send to an
      elderly Slovak woman.

      3. Is it best to send through an expedited delivery company, i.e.,
      FedEx, DHL? Through regular international mail? Is there a delivery
      company that has a better infrastructure there than the others?

      4. Is it safe to send things of value this way to the Slovak
      Republic?

      Any other suggestions or guidance you might have on the logistics of
      sending things to the Slovak Republic is much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Matt
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2007