Sending gifts back to the Slovak Republic
- I am sending a package of gifts to relatives I met in the Slovak
Republic on my trip last year. I have a couple of questions I hope
you all can provide feedback on:
1. Has anyone ever sent liquor back to Slovakia? I would like to
send a bottle of bourboun back (packaged by myself), but don't know
if that would create a customs issue, or if they even check for that
sort of thing in packages coming into the country.
2. I have gifts for the parents, teens and children. But there are
two grandmothers that I met whom I want to include gifts for as
well. Both are old and somewhat infirm (one is in a wheel chair). I
am just at a loss for something thoughtful that I can send to an
elderly Slovak woman.
3. Is it best to send through an expedited delivery company, i.e.,
FedEx, DHL? Through regular international mail? Is there a delivery
company that has a better infrastructure there than the others?
4. Is it safe to send things of value this way to the Slovak
Any other suggestions or guidance you might have on the logistics of
sending things to the Slovak Republic is much appreciated.
- You might want to check with daniel.kisha@...
Phone number in the US is 410 273 1149