Another Qustion

  • David Decker
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2007
      Anyone have any ideas for searching for immigration for two family members.Anna Benjak and Steve Kondrc, they where married in 1906. From info gathered w/ census it looks like Anna imm or possible naturalized in 1907, and steve in 1906. Steve was born in 1881, and anna 1890. From eariler post you can see where Benjak was from,As for Kondrc they where from Bratislava area. Also tracing out Anna sister Theresa Benjak Churay. Which is going ok. Thanks for any input.Dave

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.comFrom: konekta@...: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:25:05 +0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Question on village

      There were also other Benjaks coming from Korlatko, which is now Cerova -Lieskove. about 50 km North of Bratislava.Vladimir_____ From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] OnBehalf Of David DeckerSent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:51 PMTo: slovak-roots@yahoogroups.comSubject: [S-R] Question on villageI was doing some looking and found a relative :)but it says he is from Torlalks or Korlatks, HungrayI tried google as a first resort but came up short.At least it listed his wife's name in the passenger listing.Name was Janos Benjak.Thanks for any information. Its an offshoot of the main benjak line that Iam trying to trace.David To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFrom: sparky27@comcast. <mailto:sparky27%40comcast.netDate>netDate: Thu, 3 May 2007 22:09:30 +0000Subject: [S-R] Re: LDS back-logI just got a call from my local FHC that one of the films I ordered in midApril is in! Hope this bodes well for those of you waiting forfilms.Stephanie B.--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, "Carl Kotlarchik"<kkotlarc@...> wrote:>> Does anyone know why the films from the LDS are soback-logged? I > currently have 5 films on back order, several of which areover 10 > weeks old. Normally, it just takes 2 to 4 weeks to obtain a filmso > something must be really wrong. I did ask about it at the Family >History Center but they didn't seem to know what was wrong. They > thoughtthere might be a problem in making copies from the vaults or > something.Anyway, I'm curious if others are having a problem > obtaining films. > >This really proves what an addict I've become doesn't it. I need my >films!> Carl> __________________________________________________________Explore the seven wonders of the worldhttp://search.<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2007
        News - they have improved the Slovak phone site

        zoznam.sk - it now shows both residential and business

        phones AND they have added cell phones too!

        Helene

        Looking for earth-friendly autos?
        http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
      • konekta@nm.psg.sk
        Message 3 of 6 , May 20, 2007
          Dear David,
          If you are researching Churay, you better use the original spelling Csuray.
          I have tons of them.
          Vladimir

          _____

          Anyone have any ideas for searching for immigration for two family
          members.Anna Benjak and Steve Kondrc, they where married in 1906. From info
          gathered w/ census it looks like Anna imm or possible naturalized in 1907,
          and steve in 1906. Steve was born in 1881, and anna 1890. From eariler post
          you can see where Benjak was from,As for Kondrc they where from Bratislava
          area. Also tracing out Anna sister Theresa Benjak Churay. Which is going ok.
          Thanks for any input.Dave

          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
          yahoogroups.comFrom: konekta@.... <mailto:konekta%40nm.psg.skDate>
          skDate: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:25:05 +0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Question on
          village

          PMTo: slovak-roots@ <mailto:slovak-roots%40yahoogroups.comSubject>

          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2007
            Cant anything just be easy :).
            I finally found the kondrcs in 1930/1920 Census. Not in 1910.
            Still cant find exactly how they got over here. Found a stray Benyak (Johan).
            And the name KONDRC has been spelled Kondris, Kordic, Kondrecz, Kondrc, Kondrec.
            Now if I could just figure out there spelling for the 1910 and if and how they got to Ellis :).

            So do all H's become an s?
            I also have an old email where you state Kondrc would be Kondrcz.
            At least I am in a continual state of confusion. But I am doing good.
            Found a Hudek relative today.

            David

            To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.comFrom: konekta@...: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:21:48 +0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Another Qustion

            Dear David,If you are researching Churay, you better use the original spelling Csuray.I have tons of them.Vladimir_____ From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] OnBehalf Of David DeckerSent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:24 PMTo: slovak-roots@yahoogroups.comSubject: [S-R] Another QustionAnyone have any ideas for searching for immigration for two familymembers.Anna Benjak and Steve Kondrc, they where married in 1906. From infogathered w/ census it looks like Anna imm or possible naturalized in 1907,and steve in 1906. Steve was born in 1881, and anna 1890. From eariler postyou can see where Benjak was from,As for Kondrc they where from Bratislavaarea. Also tracing out Anna sister Theresa Benjak Churay. Which is going ok.Thanks for any input.DaveTo: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFrom: konekta@.... <mailto:konekta%40nm.psg.skDate>skDate: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:25:05 +0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Question onvillageThere were also other Benjaks coming from Korlatko, which is now Cerova-Lieskove. about 50 km North of Bratislava.Vladimir_____ From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com[mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>yahoogroups.com] OnBehalf Of David DeckerSent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:51PMTo: slovak-roots@ <mailto:slovak-roots%40yahoogroups.comSubject>yahoogroups.comSubject: [S-R] Question on villageI was doing some lookingand found a relative :)but it says he is from Torlalks or Korlatks, HungrayItried google as a first resort but came up short.At least it listed hiswife's name in the passenger listing.Name was Janos Benjak.Thanks for anyinformation. Its an offshoot of the main benjak line that Iam trying totrace.David To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFrom:sparky27@comcast. <mailto:sparky27%40comcast.netDate>netDate: Thu, 3 May2007 22:09:30 +0000Subject: [S-R] Re: LDS back-logI just got a call from mylocal FHC that one of the films I ordered in midApril is in! Hope this bodeswell for those of you waiting forfilms.Stephanie B.--- InSLOVAK-ROOTS@<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, "CarlKotlarchik"<kkotlarc@...> wrote:>> Does anyone know why the films from theLDS are soback-logged? I > currently have 5 films on back order, several ofwhich areover 10 > weeks old. Normally, it just takes 2 to 4 weeks to obtaina filmso > something must be really wrong. I did ask about it at the Family>History Center but they didn't seem to know what was wrong. They >thoughtthere might be a problem in making copies from the vaults or >something.Anyway, I'm curious if others are having a problem > obtainingfilms. > >This really proves what an addict I've become doesn't it. I needmy >films!> Carl>__________________________________________________________Explore the sevenwonders of the worldhttp:// <worldhttp://search.> search.<http://search.<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE[Non-text portions of this messagehave been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Explore the seven wonders of the worldhttp://search.<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            Message 5 of 6 , May 20, 2007
              Slovak accented C ( �) is
              hungarian CS
              american CH
              Vladimir

              _____

              I finally found the kondrcs in 1930/1920 Census. Not in 1910.
              Still cant find exactly how they got over here. Found a stray Benyak
              (Johan).
              And the name KONDRC has been spelled Kondris, Kordic, Kondrecz, Kondrc,
              Kondrec.
              Now if I could just figure out there spelling for the 1910 and if and how
              they got to Ellis :).

              So do all H's become an s?
              I also have an old email where you state Kondrc would be Kondrcz.
              At least I am in a continual state of confusion. But I am doing good.
              Found a Hudek relative today.

              David

              To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
              yahoogroups.comFrom: konekta@.... <mailto:konekta%40nm.psg.skDate>
              skDate: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:21:48 +0200Subject: RE: [S-R] Another Qustion

              sevenwonders of the worldhttp:// <worldhttp:// <worldhttp://search.>

              Message 6 of 6 , May 21, 2007
                On Ellis Island I found Maria Kenderis ( wrong transcription), coming with
                Maria and Stefan in 1895.
                This looks highly suspicious to me.
                If you take a careful look at the record you see, the original spellinw
                should have been Kondercs.
                Vladimir

                _____

                To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.comFrom>