Re: [S-R] Extent of Ottoman Empire in Upper Hungary (Slovakia)

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , May 17 8:48 AM
      Dear Vladimir:

      Thank you very much for putting me in touch with Stephen Zehala, whose
      ancestors are also from the village of Hrisovce. He spoke very highly of your
      genealogical work for him. You became their adopted family hero. It definitely
      looks like we share common roots in the TOMASOV clan. You were also right
      that I would recognize many of the other names connected with their family.
      Thank you again, my friend.

      Best regards,

      David

      Message 2 of 24 , May 17 6:56 PM
        Hi Helene:

        Thank you for the postings of the surnames and villages in the SLOVAK PRIDE
        database. Your work helped me to connect to a third cousin of mine, ALENA
        BALOGA, in the village of HRISOVCE, where my grandfather ANDREW BALOGA and my
        great grandfather NICHOLAS BALOGA were born. ALENA is a descendant of my
        great grandfather's brother MATHIAS BALOGA, and we are both descendants of my
        great, great grandparents JAN BALOGA and SUSANNA TOMASOV. Thank you again for
        all your work

        Best regards,

        David Michael Baloga