Dropping out of the conscriptio list

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2007
      I am in a quandary. My Alexy line comes from Eisdorf/Zsakocz, now
      Zakovce in the Zips.

      They are said, incl. in a local history book written by Prof. Grosz
      from the Kesmark Lyzeum, to be among the oldest families of Eisdorf.
      However, the earliest conscriptio lists I have listing the inhabitants
      (1685 and 1697) do not show any Alexy, while that of 1715 does, and
      he's the Richter (mayor), with a full farm (half sessio, no one had a
      full sessio in the village then). He was Lutheran.

      The Catholic church records, begun in 1672, included the Lutherans.
      They were available in the 1930s, but are lost since 1945 for the
      period before 1834, so I can't check if the Alexy married into the
      village then (and Prof. Grosz was wrong). Since the Kuruz wars were
      raging since the 1670s, could I assume that the Alexy were children
      and living with a relative (in 1685, a quarter of the farmsteads were
      said to be ruined and empty, and the worst was yet to come). I know
      this topic was broached before in the forum--under which circumstances
      can a peasant family be "undercover" for a good generation?

      Thanks

      Thomas
    • treimer@nycap.rr.com
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2007
        Il y a plusieurs descendants des allemands de Oberstuben sur ce site:
        http://cgi08.puretec.de/cgi-bin/gb?
        clsid=618e8cb79f2dd190589c2c14a0870b9a

        meme un Greschner (qui vit toujours en Slovaquie). Un bon livre est
        H. Beck-Ertl, Oberstuben (1981). Un exemplaire est un vente ici
        http://www.buecherwurm-hd.de/reise02.htm

        Bonne chance,

        Thomas

        Message 3 of 10 , May 21, 2007
          Hello

          how can i do my ancestors research in this city? In the birth certificate of my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).Before the 20th century,in which language are written the certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?

          I'm a little lost in my research...

          Thanks for your help
          Hervé

          Message 4 of 10 , May 21, 2007
            >>> my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya
            (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).<<<

            CENTER (FHC)
            To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town name,
            go to the LDS web site:
            www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
            (zomreli).

            LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
            deaths for Horná Štubòa, Slovakia, formerly Felsõ-Stubnya, Turócz,
            Hungary.

            Krsty 1825-1865 Zoznam krstov, 1825-1865: A-H - FHL INTL Film [
            1980598 Items 4-5 ]

            Zoznam krstov, 1831-1865: G-Ž Krsty 1865-1909 Zoznam uzavretých
            manželstiev, 1737-1842: A-G Uzavreté manželstvá 1737-1890 Zoznam
            uzavretých manželstiev, 1843-1888: A-Ž Uzavreté manželstvá 1891-1914 -
            FHL INTL Film [ 1980599 ]

            Uzavreté manželstvá 1914-1919 Úmrtia 1737-1905 Zoznam krstov, 1865-
            1890: A-Ž Zoznam krstov, 1737-1825: A-Ž - FHL INTL Film [ 1980600
            Items 1-6 ]

            >>> Before the 20th century,in which language are written the
            certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?<<<

            Hungarian

            Herve, where do you live? Is there an LDS Family History Centre in
            your area?

            go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
            will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.