RE : Re: [S-R] need help to find my ancestors: SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...

  • pelaez hervé
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2007
      Hi
      thank you for these informations.

      I have accurate dates:perhaps someone will can help me.

      I will be very happy to have copy of all church records and if it's possible to have the continuation...(their decease and the continuation of the ancestors tree).

      Please contact me if you have more informations about my ancestors
      Of course i retribuate the copy.

      Here are my informations
      My grand father: Michal SELECKY (°19/05/1904 in Zemiansky Podhradie)
      son of Jozef SELECKY and Alzbeta GRESCHNER

      Jozef SELECKY( ° 22/03/1871 in Kostiviarska)
      son of Michal SELECKY and Susanna STYK

      Michal SELECKY (°17/09/1846 in Kostiviarska)
      son of Michal SELECKY and Carolina DOLINSKY

      Alzbeta GRESCHNER (° 05/01/1874 in Felso Stubnya (Horna Stubna?))
      daughter of Antal GRESCHNER and Maria PREDACS

      Antal GRESCHNER (°15/06/1834 in Felso Stubnya)
      son of Joannès GRESCHNER and Maria POLDAROS

      Susanna STYK (°30/06/1849 in Rudlova)
      daughter of Joannès STYK and Anna KLIMENT

      Maria PREDACS (°12/09/1835 in Felso Stubnya)
      daughter of Paulus PREDACS and Elisabeth MIVEY

      Unions:

      Jozef SELECKY with Alzbeta GRESCHNER (x28/09/1895 in Felso Stubnya)
      Michal SELECKY with Susanna STYK (x10/09/1870 in Banska Bystrica)
      Antal GRESCHNER with Maria PREDACS (x 05/07/1858 in Felso Stubnya)

      Many thanks
      Kind regards

      Hervé

      TR HOMEMAIL <treimer@...> a écrit : Cher Herve,

      Horna Stubna etait un village allemand du 14. siecle jusqu'a 1945, connus
      sous le nom de Oberstuben. Il y a beaucoup de details genealogiques sous son
      nom local, comme ici
      http://www.geocities.com/diekarpatendeutschen/Oberstubend.html
      Un autre site, de Joachim Geburtig de Oberstuben, est en train d'etre
      renove, donc inaccessible, mais le sera bientot.

      Mon clavier n'a pas d'accents, comme tu vois!

      Bonne chance,

      Thomas Reimer

      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2007
        I am in a quandary. My Alexy line comes from Eisdorf/Zsakocz, now
        Zakovce in the Zips.

        They are said, incl. in a local history book written by Prof. Grosz
        from the Kesmark Lyzeum, to be among the oldest families of Eisdorf.
        However, the earliest conscriptio lists I have listing the inhabitants
        (1685 and 1697) do not show any Alexy, while that of 1715 does, and
        he's the Richter (mayor), with a full farm (half sessio, no one had a
        full sessio in the village then). He was Lutheran.

        The Catholic church records, begun in 1672, included the Lutherans.
        They were available in the 1930s, but are lost since 1945 for the
        period before 1834, so I can't check if the Alexy married into the
        village then (and Prof. Grosz was wrong). Since the Kuruz wars were
        raging since the 1670s, could I assume that the Alexy were children
        and living with a relative (in 1685, a quarter of the farmsteads were
        said to be ruined and empty, and the worst was yet to come). I know
        this topic was broached before in the forum--under which circumstances
        can a peasant family be "undercover" for a good generation?

        Thanks

        Thomas
      • treimer@nycap.rr.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2007
          Il y a plusieurs descendants des allemands de Oberstuben sur ce site:
          http://cgi08.puretec.de/cgi-bin/gb?
          clsid=618e8cb79f2dd190589c2c14a0870b9a

          meme un Greschner (qui vit toujours en Slovaquie). Un bon livre est
          H. Beck-Ertl, Oberstuben (1981). Un exemplaire est un vente ici
          http://www.buecherwurm-hd.de/reise02.htm

          Bonne chance,

          Thomas

          SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...
          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

        • pelaez hervé
          Message 4 of 10 , May 21, 2007
            Hello

            how can i do my ancestors research in this city? In the birth certificate of my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).Before the 20th century,in which language are written the certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?

            I'm a little lost in my research...

            Thanks for your help
            Hervé

          • johnqadam
            Message 5 of 10 , May 21, 2007
              >>> my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya
              (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).<<<

              CENTER (FHC)
              To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town name,
              go to the LDS web site:
              www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
              (zomreli).

              LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
              deaths for Horná Štubòa, Slovakia, formerly Felsõ-Stubnya, Turócz,
              Hungary.

              Krsty 1825-1865 Zoznam krstov, 1825-1865: A-H - FHL INTL Film [
              1980598 Items 4-5 ]

              Zoznam krstov, 1831-1865: G-Ž Krsty 1865-1909 Zoznam uzavretých
              manželstiev, 1737-1842: A-G Uzavreté manželstvá 1737-1890 Zoznam
              uzavretých manželstiev, 1843-1888: A-Ž Uzavreté manželstvá 1891-1914 -
              FHL INTL Film [ 1980599 ]

              Uzavreté manželstvá 1914-1919 Úmrtia 1737-1905 Zoznam krstov, 1865-
              1890: A-Ž Zoznam krstov, 1737-1825: A-Ž - FHL INTL Film [ 1980600
              Items 1-6 ]

              >>> Before the 20th century,in which language are written the
              certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?<<<

              Hungarian

              Herve, where do you live? Is there an LDS Family History Centre in
              your area?

              go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
              will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.