Re: [S-R] need help to find my ancestors: SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...

  • TR HOMEMAIL
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2007
      Cher Herve,

      Horna Stubna etait un village allemand du 14. siecle jusqu'a 1945, connus
      sous le nom de Oberstuben. Il y a beaucoup de details genealogiques sous son
      nom local, comme ici
      http://www.geocities.com/diekarpatendeutschen/Oberstubend.html
      Un autre site, de Joachim Geburtig de Oberstuben, est en train d'etre
      renove, donc inaccessible, mais le sera bientot.

      Mon clavier n'a pas d'accents, comme tu vois!

      Bonne chance,

      Thomas Reimer

      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2007
        Hi
        thank you for these informations.

        I have accurate dates:perhaps someone will can help me.

        I will be very happy to have copy of all church records and if it's possible to have the continuation...(their decease and the continuation of the ancestors tree).

        Please contact me if you have more informations about my ancestors
        Of course i retribuate the copy.

        Here are my informations
        My grand father: Michal SELECKY (°19/05/1904 in Zemiansky Podhradie)
        son of Jozef SELECKY and Alzbeta GRESCHNER

        Jozef SELECKY( ° 22/03/1871 in Kostiviarska)
        son of Michal SELECKY and Susanna STYK

        Michal SELECKY (°17/09/1846 in Kostiviarska)
        son of Michal SELECKY and Carolina DOLINSKY

        Alzbeta GRESCHNER (° 05/01/1874 in Felso Stubnya (Horna Stubna?))
        daughter of Antal GRESCHNER and Maria PREDACS

        Antal GRESCHNER (°15/06/1834 in Felso Stubnya)
        son of Joannès GRESCHNER and Maria POLDAROS

        Susanna STYK (°30/06/1849 in Rudlova)
        daughter of Joannès STYK and Anna KLIMENT

        Maria PREDACS (°12/09/1835 in Felso Stubnya)
        daughter of Paulus PREDACS and Elisabeth MIVEY

        Unions:

        Jozef SELECKY with Alzbeta GRESCHNER (x28/09/1895 in Felso Stubnya)
        Michal SELECKY with Susanna STYK (x10/09/1870 in Banska Bystrica)
        Antal GRESCHNER with Maria PREDACS (x 05/07/1858 in Felso Stubnya)

        Many thanks
        Kind regards

        Hervé

        TR HOMEMAIL <treimer@...> a écrit : Cher Herve,

        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2007
          I am in a quandary. My Alexy line comes from Eisdorf/Zsakocz, now
          Zakovce in the Zips.

          They are said, incl. in a local history book written by Prof. Grosz
          from the Kesmark Lyzeum, to be among the oldest families of Eisdorf.
          However, the earliest conscriptio lists I have listing the inhabitants
          (1685 and 1697) do not show any Alexy, while that of 1715 does, and
          he's the Richter (mayor), with a full farm (half sessio, no one had a
          full sessio in the village then). He was Lutheran.

          The Catholic church records, begun in 1672, included the Lutherans.
          They were available in the 1930s, but are lost since 1945 for the
          period before 1834, so I can't check if the Alexy married into the
          village then (and Prof. Grosz was wrong). Since the Kuruz wars were
          raging since the 1670s, could I assume that the Alexy were children
          and living with a relative (in 1685, a quarter of the farmsteads were
          said to be ruined and empty, and the worst was yet to come). I know
          this topic was broached before in the forum--under which circumstances
          can a peasant family be "undercover" for a good generation?

          Thanks

          Thomas
        • treimer@nycap.rr.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2007
            Il y a plusieurs descendants des allemands de Oberstuben sur ce site:
            http://cgi08.puretec.de/cgi-bin/gb?
            clsid=618e8cb79f2dd190589c2c14a0870b9a

            meme un Greschner (qui vit toujours en Slovaquie). Un bon livre est
            H. Beck-Ertl, Oberstuben (1981). Un exemplaire est un vente ici
            http://www.buecherwurm-hd.de/reise02.htm

            Bonne chance,

            Thomas

            SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...
            To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

          • pelaez hervé
            Message 5 of 10 , May 21, 2007
              Hello

              how can i do my ancestors research in this city? In the birth certificate of my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).Before the 20th century,in which language are written the certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?

              I'm a little lost in my research...

              Thanks for your help
              Hervé

            • johnqadam
              Message 6 of 10 , May 21, 2007
                >>> my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya
                (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).<<<

                CENTER (FHC)
                To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town name,
                go to the LDS web site:
                www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
                (zomreli).

                LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
                deaths for Horná Štubòa, Slovakia, formerly Felsõ-Stubnya, Turócz,
                Hungary.

                Krsty 1825-1865 Zoznam krstov, 1825-1865: A-H - FHL INTL Film [
                1980598 Items 4-5 ]

                Zoznam krstov, 1831-1865: G-Ž Krsty 1865-1909 Zoznam uzavretých
                manželstiev, 1737-1842: A-G Uzavreté manželstvá 1737-1890 Zoznam
                uzavretých manželstiev, 1843-1888: A-Ž Uzavreté manželstvá 1891-1914 -
                FHL INTL Film [ 1980599 ]

                Uzavreté manželstvá 1914-1919 Úmrtia 1737-1905 Zoznam krstov, 1865-
                1890: A-Ž Zoznam krstov, 1737-1825: A-Ž - FHL INTL Film [ 1980600
                Items 1-6 ]

                >>> Before the 20th century,in which language are written the
                certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?<<<

                Hungarian

                Herve, where do you live? Is there an LDS Family History Centre in
                your area?

                go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
                will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.