Re: [S-R] need help to find my ancestors: SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...

  • Dr. Joe Q
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8 7:19 PM
      Cher Hervé

      Je n'ai aucun parent avec ce nom. Votre demande est
      dificult. Vous devez rechercher des disques d'abord.
      Nous ne pouvons pas répondre à votre question.

      DR. "Q"

      --- hervez33 <hervez33@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > i'm french and my grand father was slovak.
      > I would make my genealogy research of Slovakia.
      > I have many ancestors informations to verify with
      > original sources
      > in Slovakia.
      > I search someone who can go to the Slovak state
      > regional archives in
      > Banska Bystrica:
      >
      > Banska Bystrica: Sladkovicova 1, 974 05 Banska
      > Bystrica.
      > Telephone 088/372 08. [This address is to change
      > during 1996.]
      >
      > Please contact me if you can help me to find my
      > slovak ancestors who
      > lived in Kostiviarska,Rudlova,Stare Hory,Horna
      > Stubna (near BANSKA
      > BYSTRICA)
      > with these

      name:Selecky,Styk,Greschner,Predacs,Poldaros,Mivey,Kliment,Dolinsky..
      > .
      >
      > Many thanks for contact me or for all informations
      > to these names.
      >
      > Kind regards
      > Hervé

      It's here! Your new message!
    • TR HOMEMAIL
      Message 2 of 10 , May 8 9:17 PM
        Cher Herve,

        Horna Stubna etait un village allemand du 14. siecle jusqu'a 1945, connus
        sous le nom de Oberstuben. Il y a beaucoup de details genealogiques sous son
        nom local, comme ici
        http://www.geocities.com/diekarpatendeutschen/Oberstubend.html
        Un autre site, de Joachim Geburtig de Oberstuben, est en train d'etre
        renove, donc inaccessible, mais le sera bientot.

        Mon clavier n'a pas d'accents, comme tu vois!

        Bonne chance,

        Thomas Reimer

        SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...

        > Cher Hervé
        >
        > Je n'ai aucun parent avec ce nom. Votre demande est
        > dificult. Vous devez rechercher des disques d'abord.
        > Nous ne pouvons pas répondre à votre question.
        >
        > DR. "Q"
        >
        > --- hervez33 <hervez33@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi
        > > i'm french and my grand father was slovak.
        > > I would make my genealogy research of Slovakia.
        > > I have many ancestors informations to verify with
        > > original sources
        > > in Slovakia.
        > > I search someone who can go to the Slovak state
        > > regional archives in
        > > Banska Bystrica:
        > >
        > > Banska Bystrica: Sladkovicova 1, 974 05 Banska
        > > Bystrica.
        > > Telephone 088/372 08. [This address is to change
        > > during 1996.]
        > >
        > > Please contact me if you can help me to find my
        > > slovak ancestors who
        > > lived in Kostiviarska,Rudlova,Stare Hory,Horna
        > > Stubna (near BANSKA
        > > BYSTRICA)
        > > with these
        > >
        > name:Selecky,Styk,Greschner,Predacs,Poldaros,Mivey,Kliment,Dolinsky..
        > > .
        > >
        > > Many thanks for contact me or for all informations
        > > to these names.
        > >
        > > Kind regards
        > > Hervé

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • pelaez hervé
        Message 3 of 10 , May 9 5:00 AM
          Hi
          thank you for these informations.

          I have accurate dates:perhaps someone will can help me.

          I will be very happy to have copy of all church records and if it's possible to have the continuation...(their decease and the continuation of the ancestors tree).

          Please contact me if you have more informations about my ancestors
          Of course i retribuate the copy.

          Here are my informations
          My grand father: Michal SELECKY (°19/05/1904 in Zemiansky Podhradie)
          son of Jozef SELECKY and Alzbeta GRESCHNER

          Jozef SELECKY( ° 22/03/1871 in Kostiviarska)
          son of Michal SELECKY and Susanna STYK

          Michal SELECKY (°17/09/1846 in Kostiviarska)
          son of Michal SELECKY and Carolina DOLINSKY

          Alzbeta GRESCHNER (° 05/01/1874 in Felso Stubnya (Horna Stubna?))
          daughter of Antal GRESCHNER and Maria PREDACS

          Antal GRESCHNER (°15/06/1834 in Felso Stubnya)
          son of Joannès GRESCHNER and Maria POLDAROS

          Susanna STYK (°30/06/1849 in Rudlova)
          daughter of Joannès STYK and Anna KLIMENT

          Maria PREDACS (°12/09/1835 in Felso Stubnya)
          daughter of Paulus PREDACS and Elisabeth MIVEY

          Unions:

          Jozef SELECKY with Alzbeta GRESCHNER (x28/09/1895 in Felso Stubnya)
          Michal SELECKY with Susanna STYK (x10/09/1870 in Banska Bystrica)
          Antal GRESCHNER with Maria PREDACS (x 05/07/1858 in Felso Stubnya)

          Many thanks
          Kind regards

          Hervé

          TR HOMEMAIL <treimer@...> a écrit : Cher Herve,

          Message 4 of 10 , May 9 7:33 AM
            I am in a quandary. My Alexy line comes from Eisdorf/Zsakocz, now
            Zakovce in the Zips.

            They are said, incl. in a local history book written by Prof. Grosz
            from the Kesmark Lyzeum, to be among the oldest families of Eisdorf.
            However, the earliest conscriptio lists I have listing the inhabitants
            (1685 and 1697) do not show any Alexy, while that of 1715 does, and
            he's the Richter (mayor), with a full farm (half sessio, no one had a
            full sessio in the village then). He was Lutheran.

            The Catholic church records, begun in 1672, included the Lutherans.
            They were available in the 1930s, but are lost since 1945 for the
            period before 1834, so I can't check if the Alexy married into the
            village then (and Prof. Grosz was wrong). Since the Kuruz wars were
            raging since the 1670s, could I assume that the Alexy were children
            and living with a relative (in 1685, a quarter of the farmsteads were
            said to be ruined and empty, and the worst was yet to come). I know
            this topic was broached before in the forum--under which circumstances
            can a peasant family be "undercover" for a good generation?

            Thanks

            Thomas
          • treimer@nycap.rr.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9 7:43 AM
              Il y a plusieurs descendants des allemands de Oberstuben sur ce site:
              http://cgi08.puretec.de/cgi-bin/gb?
              clsid=618e8cb79f2dd190589c2c14a0870b9a

              meme un Greschner (qui vit toujours en Slovaquie). Un bon livre est
              H. Beck-Ertl, Oberstuben (1981). Un exemplaire est un vente ici
              http://www.buecherwurm-hd.de/reise02.htm

              Bonne chance,

              Thomas

              SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...
              To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

            • pelaez hervé
              Message 6 of 10 , May 21 11:11 AM
                Hello

                how can i do my ancestors research in this city? In the birth certificate of my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).Before the 20th century,in which language are written the certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?

                I'm a little lost in my research...

                Thanks for your help
                Hervé

              • johnqadam
                Message 7 of 10 , May 21 11:28 AM
                  >>> my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya
                  (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).<<<

                  CENTER (FHC)
                  To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town name,
                  go to the LDS web site:
                  www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
                  (zomreli).

                  LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
                  deaths for Horná Štubòa, Slovakia, formerly Felsõ-Stubnya, Turócz,
                  Hungary.

                  Krsty 1825-1865 Zoznam krstov, 1825-1865: A-H - FHL INTL Film [
                  1980598 Items 4-5 ]

                  Zoznam krstov, 1831-1865: G-Ž Krsty 1865-1909 Zoznam uzavretých
                  manželstiev, 1737-1842: A-G Uzavreté manželstvá 1737-1890 Zoznam
                  uzavretých manželstiev, 1843-1888: A-Ž Uzavreté manželstvá 1891-1914 -
                  FHL INTL Film [ 1980599 ]

                  Uzavreté manželstvá 1914-1919 Úmrtia 1737-1905 Zoznam krstov, 1865-
                  1890: A-Ž Zoznam krstov, 1737-1825: A-Ž - FHL INTL Film [ 1980600
                  Items 1-6 ]

                  >>> Before the 20th century,in which language are written the
                  certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?<<<

                  Hungarian

                  Herve, where do you live? Is there an LDS Family History Centre in
                  your area?

                  go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
                  will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.