need help to find my ancestors: SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...

  • hervez33
    Message 1 of 10 , May 7, 2007
      Hi
      i'm french and my grand father was slovak.
      I would make my genealogy research of Slovakia.
      I have many ancestors informations to verify with original sources
      in Slovakia.
      I search someone who can go to the Slovak state regional archives in
      Banska Bystrica:

      Banska Bystrica: Sladkovicova 1, 974 05 Banska Bystrica.
      Telephone 088/372 08. [This address is to change during 1996.]

      Please contact me if you can help me to find my slovak ancestors who
      lived in Kostiviarska,Rudlova,Stare Hory,Horna Stubna (near BANSKA
      BYSTRICA)
      with these
      name:Selecky,Styk,Greschner,Predacs,Poldaros,Mivey,Kliment,Dolinsky..
      .

      Many thanks for contact me or for all informations to these names.

      Kind regards
      Hervé
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 10 , May 7, 2007
        Dear Hervé,

        You are asking someone to do a great deal of work—work that you could do
        yourself. There are many Family History Centers in France where you can
        order the microfilms of the church records for your villages
        (www.familysearch.org). Horna Stubna records are probably found with
        Turcianske Teplice; the others are probably with the Banska Bystrica
        records. Besides, you will have much greater satisfaction and excitement
        finding your families on your own in the church records.

        Janet

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , May 7, 2007
          Dear Herve,
          I do this kind of work.
          Vladimir

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , May 8, 2007
            Cher Hervé

            Je n'ai aucun parent avec ce nom. Votre demande est
            dificult. Vous devez rechercher des disques d'abord.
            Nous ne pouvons pas répondre à votre question.

            DR. "Q"

            --- hervez33 <hervez33@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            > i'm french and my grand father was slovak.
            > I would make my genealogy research of Slovakia.
            > I have many ancestors informations to verify with
            > original sources
            > in Slovakia.
            > I search someone who can go to the Slovak state
            > regional archives in
            > Banska Bystrica:
            >
            > Banska Bystrica: Sladkovicova 1, 974 05 Banska
            > Bystrica.
            > Telephone 088/372 08. [This address is to change
            > during 1996.]
            >
            > Please contact me if you can help me to find my
            > slovak ancestors who
            > lived in Kostiviarska,Rudlova,Stare Hory,Horna
            > Stubna (near BANSKA
            > BYSTRICA)
            > with these

            name:Selecky,Styk,Greschner,Predacs,Poldaros,Mivey,Kliment,Dolinsky..
            > .
            >
            > Many thanks for contact me or for all informations
            > to these names.
            >
            > Kind regards
            > Hervé

            It's here! Your new message!
          • TR HOMEMAIL
            Message 5 of 10 , May 8, 2007
              Cher Herve,

              Horna Stubna etait un village allemand du 14. siecle jusqu'a 1945, connus
              sous le nom de Oberstuben. Il y a beaucoup de details genealogiques sous son
              nom local, comme ici
              http://www.geocities.com/diekarpatendeutschen/Oberstubend.html
              Un autre site, de Joachim Geburtig de Oberstuben, est en train d'etre
              renove, donc inaccessible, mais le sera bientot.

              Mon clavier n'a pas d'accents, comme tu vois!

              Bonne chance,

              Thomas Reimer

              SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...

              > Cher Hervé
              >
              > Je n'ai aucun parent avec ce nom. Votre demande est
              > dificult. Vous devez rechercher des disques d'abord.
              > Nous ne pouvons pas répondre à votre question.
              >
              > DR. "Q"
              >
              > --- hervez33 <hervez33@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi
              > > i'm french and my grand father was slovak.
              > > I would make my genealogy research of Slovakia.
              > > I have many ancestors informations to verify with
              > > original sources
              > > in Slovakia.
              > > I search someone who can go to the Slovak state
              > > regional archives in
              > > Banska Bystrica:
              > >
              > > Banska Bystrica: Sladkovicova 1, 974 05 Banska
              > > Bystrica.
              > > Telephone 088/372 08. [This address is to change
              > > during 1996.]
              > >
              > > Please contact me if you can help me to find my
              > > slovak ancestors who
              > > lived in Kostiviarska,Rudlova,Stare Hory,Horna
              > > Stubna (near BANSKA
              > > BYSTRICA)
              > > with these
              > >
              > name:Selecky,Styk,Greschner,Predacs,Poldaros,Mivey,Kliment,Dolinsky..
              > > .
              > >
              > > Many thanks for contact me or for all informations
              > > to these names.
              > >
              > > Kind regards
              > > Hervé

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • pelaez hervé
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2007
                Hi
                thank you for these informations.

                I have accurate dates:perhaps someone will can help me.

                I will be very happy to have copy of all church records and if it's possible to have the continuation...(their decease and the continuation of the ancestors tree).

                Please contact me if you have more informations about my ancestors
                Of course i retribuate the copy.

                Here are my informations
                My grand father: Michal SELECKY (°19/05/1904 in Zemiansky Podhradie)
                son of Jozef SELECKY and Alzbeta GRESCHNER

                Jozef SELECKY( ° 22/03/1871 in Kostiviarska)
                son of Michal SELECKY and Susanna STYK

                Michal SELECKY (°17/09/1846 in Kostiviarska)
                son of Michal SELECKY and Carolina DOLINSKY

                Alzbeta GRESCHNER (° 05/01/1874 in Felso Stubnya (Horna Stubna?))
                daughter of Antal GRESCHNER and Maria PREDACS

                Antal GRESCHNER (°15/06/1834 in Felso Stubnya)
                son of Joannès GRESCHNER and Maria POLDAROS

                Susanna STYK (°30/06/1849 in Rudlova)
                daughter of Joannès STYK and Anna KLIMENT

                Maria PREDACS (°12/09/1835 in Felso Stubnya)
                daughter of Paulus PREDACS and Elisabeth MIVEY

                Unions:

                Jozef SELECKY with Alzbeta GRESCHNER (x28/09/1895 in Felso Stubnya)
                Michal SELECKY with Susanna STYK (x10/09/1870 in Banska Bystrica)
                Antal GRESCHNER with Maria PREDACS (x 05/07/1858 in Felso Stubnya)

                Many thanks
                Kind regards

                Hervé

                TR HOMEMAIL <treimer@...> a écrit : Cher Herve,

                Message 7 of 10 , May 9, 2007
                  I am in a quandary. My Alexy line comes from Eisdorf/Zsakocz, now
                  Zakovce in the Zips.

                  They are said, incl. in a local history book written by Prof. Grosz
                  from the Kesmark Lyzeum, to be among the oldest families of Eisdorf.
                  However, the earliest conscriptio lists I have listing the inhabitants
                  (1685 and 1697) do not show any Alexy, while that of 1715 does, and
                  he's the Richter (mayor), with a full farm (half sessio, no one had a
                  full sessio in the village then). He was Lutheran.

                  The Catholic church records, begun in 1672, included the Lutherans.
                  They were available in the 1930s, but are lost since 1945 for the
                  period before 1834, so I can't check if the Alexy married into the
                  village then (and Prof. Grosz was wrong). Since the Kuruz wars were
                  raging since the 1670s, could I assume that the Alexy were children
                  and living with a relative (in 1685, a quarter of the farmsteads were
                  said to be ruined and empty, and the worst was yet to come). I know
                  this topic was broached before in the forum--under which circumstances
                  can a peasant family be "undercover" for a good generation?

                  Thanks

                  Thomas
                • treimer@nycap.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 9, 2007
                    Il y a plusieurs descendants des allemands de Oberstuben sur ce site:
                    http://cgi08.puretec.de/cgi-bin/gb?
                    clsid=618e8cb79f2dd190589c2c14a0870b9a

                    meme un Greschner (qui vit toujours en Slovaquie). Un bon livre est
                    H. Beck-Ertl, Oberstuben (1981). Un exemplaire est un vente ici
                    http://www.buecherwurm-hd.de/reise02.htm

                    Bonne chance,

                    Thomas

                    SELECKY,DOLINSKY,GRESCHNER,STYCK,PREDACS...
                    To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

                  • pelaez hervé
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 21, 2007
                      Hello

                      how can i do my ancestors research in this city? In the birth certificate of my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).Before the 20th century,in which language are written the certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?

                      I'm a little lost in my research...

                      Thanks for your help
                      Hervé

                    • johnqadam
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 21, 2007
                        >>> my grand father,the place of birth of his mother is Felso Stubnya
                        (hungarian name of Horna Stubna).<<<

                        CENTER (FHC)
                        To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town name,
                        go to the LDS web site:
                        www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
                        (zomreli).

                        LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and
                        deaths for Horná Štubòa, Slovakia, formerly Felsõ-Stubnya, Turócz,
                        Hungary.

                        Krsty 1825-1865 Zoznam krstov, 1825-1865: A-H - FHL INTL Film [
                        1980598 Items 4-5 ]

                        Zoznam krstov, 1831-1865: G-Ž Krsty 1865-1909 Zoznam uzavretých
                        manželstiev, 1737-1842: A-G Uzavreté manželstvá 1737-1890 Zoznam
                        uzavretých manželstiev, 1843-1888: A-Ž Uzavreté manželstvá 1891-1914 -
                        FHL INTL Film [ 1980599 ]

                        Uzavreté manželstvá 1914-1919 Úmrtia 1737-1905 Zoznam krstov, 1865-
                        1890: A-Ž Zoznam krstov, 1737-1825: A-Ž - FHL INTL Film [ 1980600
                        Items 1-6 ]

                        >>> Before the 20th century,in which language are written the
                        certificates? :hungarian,german or slovak language?<<<

                        Hungarian

                        Herve, where do you live? Is there an LDS Family History Centre in
                        your area?

                        go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
                        will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.