(SLOVAK-ROOTS) Information

  • JoAnn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      Last month I asked about Shorough, Austria. I found out the right
      spelling where my ancesters are from.

      My great-grandfather ( Pogash ) was born at Zbowf, Austria on Sept.
      14, 1877. My other great-grandfather ( Bardzak ) was born in Ostrov,
      Czecho-Slovakia on Oct. 19, 1872. This information I got off their
      petitions for naturalization.

      Also, I received my grandmother birth certificate, but I think it is
      in Slovak. I can make out when she was born and baptised and her
      parents names. ( Peter and Anna Farga Coma or Choma ) I do know that
      she was born on Feb. 15, 1891 in Akubjany, Czecho-Slovakia.

      My grandfather was born at Kodnickyana, Cz-Slovakia on August, 1890.
      ( Bondura ). His parents came to the U.S. with him.

      Any information on the towns or ancestors would be helpful.

      Thanks,

      Jo Ann