Flight of the Falcon at CSAGSI

  • SRK
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2007
      CECH & SLOVAK AMERICAN GENEALOGY SOCIETY of ILLINOIS

      General Meeting ~ May 19th @ 1 pm

      "Flight of the Falcon - The American Sokol Performance Team in Prague"
      presented by Tom Pajer, Team Coordinator

      In July 2006, ten very talented gymnasts from Sokols across the United
      States traveled to Prague to participate in the week-long XIV All-Sokol Slet
      (meeting). Among the 20,000 athletes present at the slet, the American
      Sokol Performance Team, under the direction of Tom Pajer, stood out with
      their award-winning exhibitions.

      At CSAGSI's General Meeting on May 19th, 2007 starts at: 1 pm.

      Mr. Tom Pajer will be our guest speaker. Through the medium of a DVD, those
      in attendance will be able to get a glimpse of this extraordinary event. If
      you were unable to be in Prague to witness the inspiring program, you will
      not want to miss this meeting.

      Tom will share the member (age 14 - 30) selection procedures and discuss the
      team's preparations in all phases of gymnastics (plus some Czech language
      lessons provided in part by our own Bob Baumruk). The team was formed in
      September 2005 and performed to a worldwide, enthusiastic audience at the
      final competition (slet) in Prague in July 2006.

      Following is excerpt from the thank-you note that the American Sokol
      Performance Team sent to CSAGSI. "We feel that we positively promoted and
      represented the American Sokol Organization and the United States. Thanks
      to you, we were able to spread the American Sokol spirit everywhere. Our
      experience will help grow the American Sokol and encourage Sokol movement in
      the United States." Their performance will really phenomenal.

      Simon's e-mail is: Slovak2@... <mailto:Slovak2%40Gmail.com> or phone:
      847.398.7822

      Visit our web page for directions: WWW.CSAGSI.ORG

      Map: Map
      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/maps/extmap;_ylt=As.EI.phIEGFvayq7NKpPGtkDLMF/*-http
      :/maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=150+S+Ashland+Ave&csz=La+Grange+IL&state=&
      uzip=&ds=n&name=First+Presbyterian+Church&desc=%28708%29+354-0771&lat=41.811
      439&lon=-87.872333&mlt=41.811439&mln=-87.872333&zoomin=yes&BFKey=&mag=2> of
      First Presbyterian Church meeting location 150 S Ashland Ave. La Grange IL

      SIMON "Sam" Krizan Slovak2@... <mailto:Slovak2%40Gmail.com> office
      1-847-398-7822