Palasty Surname Research = Brick Wall. Any help please???

  • jpalasty@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hello,

      I am researching my family's Hungarian roots. Our surname is Palasty, but I understand it has been spelled Palasthy, Palasti, and Palastyi as well. If anyone out there can help, please let me know. Also, it may be useful to look at my website where I have an up-to-date genealogy report, as well as the other surnames associated with my own. Thanks in advance for your help.

      I am also helping my aunt do some work of her own. She is looking for information about the following:

      I am searching for my Mother's side of the family, Fucsko. John Fucsko, son of John(Janos) Fucsko & Julianna Konnyu, DOB Nov. 27, 1881, and Mary Lengyel, daughter of Paul Lengyel & Elizabeth Takacs. They were both born in Nyirlugos, Megye, Szabolsc and came to the USA in 1906. Name of ship unknown. John had 1 brother, Michael, killed in WW1, and 4 sisters Anna, Barbara, Elizabeth & Julia who stayed in Hungary. Mary had 1 sister, Julia who came to the USA with her. I have hit a BRICK wall, I have been unable to find any information regarding John and Mary and their families and our ancestors. I would also like if possible, to find out if we have any relatives left in Hungary. Please can anyone help? Please email me with any information. Much thanks in advance.
      Elizabeth Sumner <calico@...>

      jpalasty@...

      http://www.geocities.com/jpalasty/