Thanks Everyone (STEPHEN ANDRUZAK, THE MAN, THE MYTH!)

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2007
      Thanks everyone -- I literally got so many replies
      that I cannot thank each one individually.

      Really appreciate the team work -- thanks again.

      Caye

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2007
        University of Chicago
        Center for the Study of Languages
        Presents

        A Film by Susan Marcinkus

        Pictures From The Old Country
        Thursday, April 26th
        6:30 pm

        University of Chicago
        Center for the Study of Languages (CSL)
        Cobb Hall, Room 201
        5811 S. Ellis Avenue, 2nd Floor
        Chicago, 60637

        Q and A session with the director will follow the 30 min. film

        FREE ADMISSION - REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED

        Pictures From the Old Country is the story of the filmmaker's quest to uncover the mysteries of her Slovak identity and heritage, after they were lost behind the Iron Curtain and her family's silence. As a young girl growing up during the Cold War, she is curious about the secret language her grandmother is speaking and the enigma that shrouds her past. Years later she embarks on a journey that crosses continents and generations - to discover Slovakia, why her grandmother came to America, and who she left behind.
        This award-winning film was shot entirely on location in Slovakia. ItÂ’s had numerous airings on PBS TV and played at conferences and universities across the U.S. and Central Europe. It had its west coast debut at the American Film Institute, L.A. and its east coast debut at the Slovak Embassy in Washington, D.C.

        Pictures From the Old Country is distributed by
        The Cinema Guild, New York, NY.
        For more info contact manifestfilms@... or 708.660.9320

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23, 2007
          A variety of Slovak-related events will take place this weekend April 28 and 29 at the Czech and Slovak Clubhouse in North Miami, Florida and everyone is invited.

          For the program contact Bob Petrik, Slovak Honorary Consul, at
          rjpetrik@....

          Helene

        • Larry Buback
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 24, 2007
            For those who want more information on the Czech and Slovak Clubhouse
            in N. Miami check this link out. Larry

            http://acscc.org/

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>