Re: [S-R] LDS back-log

  • June McKee
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 18, 2007
      Carl,

      I also have a film that has been on back order for three months and they never did give me an explanation on what the problem was, but five that is really strange I would think. First time I have ever had anything on back order and I have ordered several times in the past six years.

      June
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 18, 2007
        I just ordered some films yesterday. Another patron asked if the back-log had cleared up yet, relating that a film ordered in January had just come in. The volunteer center worker said that he didn't know of any delays and expected that films would arrive in three weeks.
        Stephanie B.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 18, 2007
          I ordered a film in December and it came March 26. There is a
          backup , especially with the vault films, due to high volume and lack
          of volunteers, according to the letter sent to my local FHC. FHL
          asked that FHCs don't call about this since they know the problem.

          Rosie in WA State

          On Apr 18, 2007, at 4:36 PM, sparky27@... wrote:

          > I just ordered some films yesterday. Another patron asked if the
          > back-log had cleared up yet, relating that a film ordered in January
          > had just come in. The volunteer center worker said that he didn't know
          > of any delays and expected that films would arrive in three weeks.
          > Stephanie B.

          > From: "Carl Kotlarchik" <kkotlarc@...>
          > Does anyone know why the films from the LDS are so back-logged? I
          > currently have 5 films on back order, several of which are over 10
          > weeks old. Normally, it just takes 2 to 4 weeks to obtain a film so
          > something must be really wrong. I did ask about it at the Family
          > History Center but they didn't seem to know what was wrong. They
          > thought there might be a problem in making copies from the vaults or
          > something. Anyway, I'm curious if others are having a problem
          > obtaining films.
          >
          > This really proves what an addict I've become doesn't it. I need my
          > films!
          > Carl

        • Michele Baker
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 19, 2007
            Hello Rosie,

            Are you related to the Bodien family from Minot, ND area? I heard they
            moved to WA State.

            Michele

            _____

            On Apr 18, 2007, at 4:36 PM, sparky27@comcast.
            <mailto:sparky27%40comcast.net> net wrote:

            > I just ordered some films yesterday. Another patron asked if the
            > back-log had cleared up yet, relating that a film ordered in January
            > had just come in. The volunteer center worker said that he didn't know
            > of any delays and expected that films would arrive in three weeks.
            > Stephanie B.

            > From: "Carl Kotlarchik" <kkotlarc@rochester.
            <mailto:kkotlarc%40rochester.rr.com> rr.com>
            > Does anyone know why the films from the LDS are so back-logged? I
            > currently have 5 films on back order, several of which are over 10
            > weeks old. Normally, it just takes 2 to 4 weeks to obtain a film so
            > something must be really wrong. I did ask about it at the Family
            > History Center but they didn't seem to know what was wrong. They
            > thought there might be a problem in making copies from the vaults or
            > something. Anyway, I'm curious if others are having a problem
            > obtaining films.
            >
            > This really proves what an addict I've become doesn't it. I need my
            > films!
            > Carl

          • Rosemary Bodien
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 19, 2007
              Michele,

              No, we aren't, but I have been in touch with some other Seattle area
              Bodiens when we got email addresses mixed up!

              Rosie

              On Apr 19, 2007, at 1:49 PM, Michele Baker wrote:

              > Hello Rosie,
              >
              > Are you related to the Bodien family from Minot, ND area? I heard they
              > moved to WA State.
              >
              > Michele
              >
              > _____

            • willyakers
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 19, 2007
                I think the "volunteers" at the LDS libraries do a great job. AS more
                and more people start searching for their ancestors, there will be a
                greater strain on this free service. Hopefully everybody can remain
                patient and polite..If one is in a hurry, try paid services such as
                Ancestry.com. There is no back-up there. The search methods are very
                reliable.

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michele Baker" <mbaker4@...> wrote:

                > Hello Rosie,
                >
                > Are you related to the Bodien family from Minot, ND area? I heard they
                > moved to WA State.
                >
                > Michele
                >
                > _____

              • sparky271953
                Message 7 of 12 , May 3 3:09 PM
                  I just got a call from my local FHC that one of the films I ordered in
                  mid April is in! Hope this bodes well for those of you waiting for
                  films.
                  Stephanie B.
                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Kotlarchik" <kkotlarc@...>