Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Zaras

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2000
      Eric,

      I take it as no big deal when someone says they are from Prague when
      they are really from a nearby town. When someone asks where I am
      originally from, I answer "Cleveland" without hesitation. It is only if
      they are interested or know the area that I will get more specific with
      area and town, 30 miles from Cleveland.

      Pisek is a charming town just a bit south of Praha and a bit east of
      Tabor, a fascinating historical town. If you ever have the chance, be
      sure to visit!

      As for shortening the name, I would speculate that that often happened.
      Ron