Re: [S-R] Need help with surnames

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
      Hi Joann:

      The name YENCA (a phonetic spelling) will possibly appear in the church
      records as JENCA. If your family is from the Saris highlands west of Presov,
      please let me know as there are several JENCA families that I am related to in
      the villages of SIROKE, VITAZ, OVCIE, DOLINA in SARIS county.

      Best regards,

      David

      Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
      DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
      SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
      DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames: BALOGA
      (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY, HARENCSAR,
      HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY,
      TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL,
      WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA, and KROSNO, POLAND.