Re: [S-R] Hello All

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16 9:31 PM
      Paul,
      I can give you some information about the village of Siba:
      Presov Region
      Bardejov District
      Postal Code 086 22
      Telephone Code 054
      Population 566
      99.47% Slovak
      98.58% Roman Catholic
      It is in a low mountain region about four miles southeast of Bardejov. The nearest numbered highway is the 545 between Bardejov and Presov.
      I have been in this area. The nearby town of Hervartov has a famous wooden church. When I go to Slovakia my base is Presov. I'll be going there for the month of June. Siba is the same size as my ancestral village of Hromos.
      Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17 6:35 AM
        Michael

        Thank you also for the information. I knew that the population was around
        500, so pretty much there is a real good chance that I am related to the
        Tomasko's who still live there today.

        Thank you

        Paul